Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

"Great idea! TiLite is happy to be part of the new Manufacturer & Vendor Forum!

Since this is a new forum and a new opportunity for us - We would like to know what the topics you would like TiLite to talk about here."
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

I am in the process of ordering my new chair... I am going with a Tilite ZRA and it is my first rigid chair. I have a questions about the single swivel anit-tip. Is it adjustable? Will I be able to go up pop up on curbs etc?

Hi Elizabeth - This is Sandra. To answer your question, yes the single swivel anti-tip is adjustable. You can adjust it where it is attached to the camber tube. You can change the angle by using a 7/16" open-end wrench and a 5/16" hex or allen wrench. You can also adjust it by moving the spacers above or below the 5th wheel itself by using a 3/4" wrench to take off the nut. Hope this helps. Have a great weekend.

Thank you that helps alot

Ti-Lite will be my next chair...I use a Quickie II now

Great. We'd love to have you as part of our family. Keep on roll'n.

Do you have a picture of a TR (or ZR) with a fixed back and fixed side guards? Preferably so I can see how the fixed sideguards are attached to the seat posts. I looked on the site and at the TR brochure and didn't see any pictures of that configuration.

As far as I am concerned Ti lite is GARBAGE as my experience so far. I have a Ti aero x that has had the bottom bracket that holds the folding chair together brake twice, the arms just swing freely, the bearings blew out , the frog legs are so bad that I have to wheelie around 80 percent of the time cause they turn the wheels straight & lock em up so I cant move!!!! The only thing holding the chair together is the rigid back. As far as ti lite I would say my frame is good cause it hasnt cracked, other than that not sure what to say. Oh & I cant take the wheels off to get at the brakes to adjust em either. Trying to deal with anyone has been a complete joke cause I have medicaid & medicare so no one seems to give two shits that I have to deal with a falling apart chair. My chair is 2 1/2 years old

Blog Entries
    Do you do any preventive maintenance? With a folding chair, if things start loosening up, you have to figure out why and tighten a nut, or replace bearings, etc. I pull off my wheels once a month and spray the axles with WD40, wipe them dry and pull a paper towel through the bearings. Also pull the casters off and get all of the hair off the axles and check the bearings.

If you can't do this kind of stuff yourself, get a biker to give you a hand or take the chair to a bicycle shop. TiLites are great, but they *are* machines that need some maintenance.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 24 years post injury

I'm attaching two pictures for you of a fixed back TR with carbon fiber side guards. Hope this helps. (I'm having problems attaching the photos, if you don't get them, let me know and I'll try again.)