Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    New Permobile Tilite slogan: Designs Limited

FYI the Aluminum one has always been the lightest of their metal camber tubes.
    Very true! I also tried to get the welded lock mount like stephen has on his ZR and they no longer do that either.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

I had 4 Wheelchair Clinic appointments at Kessler. Ordered a ZR, am told that I'll have to battle my insurance (BCBS) to get them to pay for a titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I had 4 Wheelchair Clinic appointments at Kessler. Ordered a ZR, am told that I'll have to battle my insurance (BCBS) to get them to pay for a titanium.
    I've heard of people getting titanium approved but it takes awhile. They'll pay for aluminum but won't let you pay the difference to upgrade to titanium. Mine was payed for by a non-profit fire department club so luckily I didn't have to deal with insurance. It still took over 6 months from the first time I got specced by the tilite group at the NJ abilities expo until it was ordered.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

not so. ive had bcbs for years, they pay for ti tilites no problem however, the dme make less margin.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    not so. ive had bcbs for years, they pay for ti tilites no problem however, the dme make less margin.
    It must differ by region because the dme (nu motion), and the OT who works for Kessler both said BCBS always deny titanium. I don't know the successful appeal #'s.

Do you deal with nu motion at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    They'll pay for aluminum but won't let you pay the difference to upgrade to titanium.
    Who are they? That may be true for some insurance providers and DMEs. But Medicare doesn't object to them paying for aluminum and you paying the difference to upgrade to titanium. Personally, I have never had a problem getting the upgrade. Just had to pay more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Who are they? That may be true for some insurance providers and DMEs. But Medicare doesn't object to them paying for aluminum and you paying the difference to upgrade to titanium. Personally, I have never had a problem getting the upgrade. Just had to pay more.

Yep. Sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice and you can get whatever options Medicare won't pay for on your own dime.
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

I don't deal with numotion. call bcbs cust service.
    It must differ by region because the dme (nu motion), and the OT who works for Kessler both said BCBS always deny titanium. I don't know the successful appeal #'s.

Do you deal with nu motion at all?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post

Nevermind then. I was told by my DME that I couldn't pay the difference to upgrade with medicare.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    has anyone else done this ?
    first I ever heard of this.. always been told you can't pay for any upgrades.

if this is for real... when I was getting a replacement axle because I snapped mine, they only covered the aluminium tube... so could I have paid the extra and got the titanium axle tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Yep. Sign an Advance Beneficiary Notice and you can get whatever options Medicare won't pay for on your own dime.