Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Also, have you tried asking Quickie why they don't sell the Xenon FF stateside? I'm confused as to why they wouldn't. I know it has to do with insurance, but why?
    As a "medical device" a wheelchair in the USA must be FDA approved. Many manufacturers from outside the USA don't want to have to go through the often costly FDA approval process, especially with a chair that will mostly likely have a very small market, so they don't do this. The insurance companies in the USA generally will only pay for FDA approved wheelchairs.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Hello I was told that tilite warranted their frames forever. Well I have a tax that has a broken weld and I am wondering how I would go about getting g it repaired or replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by nauticalmike View Post
    Hello I was told that tilite warranted their frames forever. Well I have a tax that has a broken weld and I am wondering how I would go about getting g it repaired or replaced?
    I would contact who u bought chair frpm or call them with serial #

my frame cracked on each side they gave me a new1

I got a TiLite 2 years ago with cool Spinergy hubs. The axle pins are 3/8" shorter than every other axle pin I have used in the last 38 years. Ordered new longer camber tube inserts. Got the same short ones I already had.

Just use standard length pins like every body else!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
    I got a TiLite 2 years ago with cool Spinergy hubs. The axle pins are 3/8" shorter than every other axle pin I have used in the last 38 years. Ordered new longer camber tube inserts. Got the same short ones I already had.

Just use standard length pins like every body else!
    TiLite uses 2" deep axle receivers ("camber tube inserts"), which is hardly uncommon. Depending on the bearing space of the wheels one is using, which vary from among manufacturers (and even within a manufacturer's product line), different size axles are necessary. My point is: this is not a TiLite issue.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My point is: this is not a TiLite issue.
    Your perspective is correct--in a sense. Obviously it is my problem now.

TiLite owned it, the vendor owned it as a TiLite issue, I saw it as a TiLite issue, they sent me parts to fix it that did not work. It only became a problem for me after I bought a TiLite chair.

If your axles are too long, you can take a tubing cutter and make a spacer from 1/2" copper pipe to take up the play.
    You can put the spacer on either side of the wheel (I assume you only need a little; mine were 1/2"; on the outside, the release button will move out by that amount but if you have 2* camber, nothing will ever hit the button plus it's easier to use)
    This also allows you to narrow your track if you run them on the insides by flipping them for your neighbor's bathroom door.
    I have run`with 1/2" spacers on the inside for years with no problems; I have dropped off several really high curbs (10") without damaging the unsupported axle pins.
    69yo male T12 complete since 1995
    NW NJ