Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Nevermind then. I was told by my DME that I couldn't pay the difference to upgrade with medicare.
    I think you may be right too. It all depends on the DME. Apparently, there have been some changes to Medicare coding that affects the DME's billing practices. It seems that the new Medicare rules requires a titanium wheelchair order to be paid up front. If a patient cannot do this, then the DME may have to do it on behalf of the patient. Not all DMEs may be willing to do this.

https://mobilitymgmt.com/articles/20.../titanium.aspx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    has anyone else done this ?
    first I ever heard of this.. always been told you can't pay for any upgrades.

if this is for real... when I was getting a replacement axle because I snapped mine, they only covered the aluminium tube... so could I have paid the extra and got the titanium axle tube?
    Done it every time I use Medicare for DMe
    A Buddhist monk walked up to the guy working behind a hot dog cart and said, "Make me one with everything."

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus

Very true! I also tried to get the welded lock mount like stephen has on his ZR and they no longer do that either.
    Designs Unlimited is supposed to be back up and operational Jan 2018. Maybe you can still get your custom work done, if you are willing to wait?

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    Designs Unlimited is supposed to be back up and operational Jan 2018. Maybe you can still get your custom work done, if you are willing to wait?
    Thanks but the chair is already being built. Last I heard its supposed to ship the 15th of this month. Does everybody else get really stressed hoping their new chair is going to fit right? haha
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Thanks but the chair is already being built. Last I heard its supposed to ship the 15th of this month. Does everybody else get really stressed hoping their new chair is going to fit right? haha
    I can't answer for everyone else, but I was really stressing before I got my new chair last month.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Yes, super stressed if I dwell on it, which is easy to do since I've got until Jan 2018 to second guess myself.

Atleast I'm not alone on that. There were nights I was up at 3 in the morning measuring my chair comparing it to the CAD drawings. I get to pick it up Thursday! I can't wait to see the difference in weight. My current aero z is 34 pounds and the tracking info for my tr says the whole package is 34lbs.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

The TR (series 3) I now use is just an absolute bucket and amazing but I did the exact same thing, when the family was in bed, I was up in the wee hours of the morning with a measuring tape and transferred onto the floor to flip my chair around to double and triple check all the measurements against the cad drawings.

Then I would sit and think about how the changes I had made would impact how the chair would feel, respond and work for me....

It is almost the same feeling I had the night before I got married (the second time round)in both cases it has worked out so far!

Hope your new chair is everything you expect and more.

I picked it up yesterday and I love it! The fit is close to perfect. I need to make a couple changes like adding a piece of carbon fiber to make the foot plate bigger and a carbon fiber seat pan which should put me right where I want to be. I grab the cross bar underneath to load it into my car.. on my last chair I had a motocross grip around it to make it easier to grip. For this chair I got a roll of the stuff you wrap around a baseball bat for grip and am going to try that out. Once I get everything on I'll post some pics.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Great to hear your chair is working out and that you are happy...It is amazing how much of difference a great fitting and light/strong chair makes. Please do post some pics, love to check out other folks rides!

Cheers