Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Can you link to the water bottle holder? I could not find it. Thanks

[QUOTE=Wills77;1845584]Thanks everyone! The ergo seat helped with my posture and how stable I feel. My old chair without ergo had the same 3" of dump but I always felt like my lower back was rounded/slouched and my butt was trying to slide forward. In my new chair I feel more planted in the seat and don't feel like I'm sliding forward. It was about $8500 going through a DME. Thats including a new cushion that didn't come yet.
    For backrests I've had Varilite icon, Matrx MX1 carbon, Adi carbon. My Roho agility carbon minimum contour is my favorite. The cushion stays in place, it doesn't squeak, easy to adjust, and it doesn't dig into my back or sides. I've been using it with the air insert but will try the foam insert eventually.

My seat pan is birch core carbon fiber held to the frame with velcro. I included pics of the flip up footplate and you can see my life mounts water bottle holder I got off amazon. You can also see the bar underneath of the chair that I grab while loading it into my car, I wrapped the stuff they use on baseball bats around it to give me some extra grip.

/[QUOTE]
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If that link doesn't work, paste this into the amazon search bar Life Mounts Next Generation Wheelchair / Walker Universal Cup or Drink Holder
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    @Wills77 thanks for posting all that info, very helpful, given me even more to think about.

couple more questions
    how tall are you?
    Did you have to modify your cushion to deal with the bend in the Ergo frame, which cushion are you using? and which new one do you have coming.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    @Wills77 thanks for posting all that info, very helpful, given me even more to think about.

couple more questions
    how tall are you?
    Did you have to modify your cushion to deal with the bend in the Ergo frame, which cushion are you using? and which new one do you have coming.
    Glad I can help! Speccing a chair definitely isn't easy.
    I'm 6'1" with long legs which is my reason for the extra frame depth.
    I'm using a Varilite meridian and that's what I have on order. It bends and works really good with the ergo seat.

I started on a roho but kept it over inflated because I have sensation and prefer a firmer feel. I demo'd some matrix cushions that were too firm. The meridian is the perfect medium between too soft or firm. It fills up on its own so you don't need a pump like the roho. There is a release valve for the front half and rear half. I usually let the front completely full and let a drop of air out of the rear which makes a dip that keeps my butt in place.

At first I liked using the seat sling on my new TR but after a few weeks I got shoulder pain from being low in between the wheels. I went from 24" wheels on my old chair to 25" wheels on my new one and lowered the seat height half an inch. That plus the sling instead of a solid pan I was about 1 3/4" lower than my old chair. Now that I have the solid pan on I'm 1" lower between the wheels than my old one and feel a lot better in the chair. I've even been working on doing 1 wheel wheelies which I never tried on my old one haha
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    agree there speccing a chair is a royal pain in the ass.
    6'1".. that's a good frame of reference for me, I'm 6' 1/2"

I have an old TR which comes in at 36" long compared to your 32.5" so you're not too long.
    the rear height on my current TR is 14", frame angles are pretty similar.
    I'm sold on 27" wheels these days started out on 24" and slowly worked up.
    Great to hear your chair is working out so well for you.

Another question, what is your knee clearance height? as in what is the lowest table you can easily fit your knees under?

Again cheers for all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Glad I can help! Speccing a chair definitely isn't easy.
    I'm 6'1" with long legs which is my reason for the extra frame depth.
    I'm using a Varilite meridian and that's what I have on order. It bends and works really good with the ergo seat.

I started on a roho but kept it over inflated because I have sensation and prefer a firmer feel. I demo'd some matrix cushions that were too firm. The meridian is the perfect medium between too soft or firm. It fills up on its own so you don't need a pump like the roho. There is a release valve for the front half and rear half. I usually let the front completely full and let a drop of air out of the rear which makes a dip that keeps my butt in place.

At first I liked using the seat sling on my new TR but after a few weeks I got shoulder pain from being low in between the wheels. I went from 24" wheels on my old chair to 25" wheels on my new one and lowered the seat height half an inch. That plus the sling instead of a solid pan I was about 1 3/4" lower than my old chair. Now that I have the solid pan on I'm 1" lower between the wheels than my old one and feel a lot better in the chair. I've even been working on doing 1 wheel wheelies which I never tried on my old one haha

oops
    Last edited by WaveWolf; 12-12-2017 at 01:52 AM. Reason: forgot to quote...

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth422 View Post
    I am in the process of ordering my new chair... I am going with a Tilite ZRA and it is my first rigid chair. I have a questions about the single swivel anit-tip. Is it adjustable? Will I be able to go up pop up on curbs etc?
    It is a great option--you can dance in chair with it! But if you get pushed a lot, it is harder for the helper to avoid walking into it.

The last one I had on a sportschair could be adjusted up or down just a bit. No, you won't be able to jump curbs with it because you have to pop a wheelie to be able to jump a curb. I could barley get it over any lip entering a tennis court. If you can jump a curb, you don't need anti-tips imo. I found anti tips dangerous because of not being able to do wheelies or jump a curb. Wheelies, for me, are a necessity when going down a steep incline.

Is there a reason you are going with a ZRA? Is it because of the adjustability? For myself, I didn't like the ZRA due to it's larger sized tubing and open frame. I found it awkward grabbing the rail to transfer. I found the TR or TRA a better option for me because of the smaller diameter tubing. Some love them others not so much.

Congrats on your first rigid chair. I'm sure you'll find a vast difference. I always add an 1" to the frame before the bend to help with grabbing the rail when transferring. Solid seat pans are a plus also.

Very cool, it looks like you are able to sit lower over the axle overall with the ergo seating which likely helps with pushing the chair too!

Is there any way for you to use/attach a freewheel with the flip up footplate? Up here in the great white north, it is almost a necessity.