Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
    Very cool, it looks like you are able to sit lower over the axle overall with the ergo seating which likely helps with pushing the chair too!

Is there any way for you to use/attach a freewheel with the flip up footplate? Up here in the great white north, it is almost a necessity.
    I'm not sure yet. I may have to get a second footplate or fab something up if I ever get a freewheel.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    My last chair, an aero z was 36" long but my new one fits way better
    My knee clearance is about 26.5" but if I flip my footplate up and put my feet on the floor its 24"

Are you going with a 14" rear seat height and 27" wheels?!
    Don't you guys feel that 27" rear wheels are a bit of a pain though if you are breaking down your chair to load/unload into a car. The bigger wheels don't fit into the leg area in the passengers side which means I always have to put them behind the passengers seat. This can be a problem for a few reasons:

1) rain, sand, slush, snow and salt drips on me when i lift the wheels across my body
    2) it gets all over the front passengers seat and have to put the wheels up front so I can pick the kids up.
    3) the larger wheels increase the amount of space required for turning (turning radius) which is a pain when I enter the elevator at home. I have to back in if I want to exit facing forward.

I am just wondering if you guys know some tricks/ chair hacks that I don't and if you do, please share!

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    The only place I could see it being an issue is with the car.
    I break my chair down for the car with no issues.. I've always just put my wheels in the back seat, what ever size I was rolling.
    24" to 27" there is a big enough jump to really notice it, but from 25" to 27" it's hardly noticeable.

Going from 24" to 27" the wheels are going to stick out from the back an extra ~ 1.5" so yeah there is a difference to definitely be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
    Don't you guys feel that 27" rear wheels are a bit of a pain though if you are breaking down your chair to load/unload into a car. The bigger wheels don't fit into the leg area in the passengers side which means I always have to put them behind the passengers seat. This can be a problem for a few reasons:

1) rain, sand, slush, snow and salt drips on me when i lift the wheels across my body
    2) it gets all over the front passengers seat and have to put the wheels up front so I can pick the kids up.
    3) the larger wheels increase the amount of space required for turning (turning radius) which is a pain when I enter the elevator at home. I have to back in if I want to exit facing forward.

I am just wondering if you guys know some tricks/ chair hacks that I don't and if you do, please share!

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    The only place I could see it being an issue is with the car.
    I break my chair down for the car with no issues.. I've always just put my wheels in the back seat, what ever size I was rolling.
    24" to 27" there is a big enough jump to really notice it, but from 25" to 27" it's hardly noticeable.

Going from 24" to 27" the wheels are going to stick out from the back an extra ~ 1.5" so yeah there is a difference to definitely be aware of.
    Hey Will, thanks for your input.

The extra 1.5" makes it so I cannot turn around 360 in my elevator at home so I have to enter the elevator backwards (which isn't a huge deal). I love my 27" wheels with offroad tires for using when i am out on a hiking trail with the wife and kids or navigating the gravel roads as i live out in the country, but for using indoors, it does make a big difference for turning in tight spaces.

I cannot always put my wheels in the back seat as I have two kids and I need to leave the back free for them and all their stuff when I am dad's taxi service, it seems alot of my time is spent as a chauffeur lately. LOL. I find that the 25" wheels just fit in between the center console and door on most vehicles and then I can just throw my chair frame on top which leaves the whole back seat open for the kiddos.

In about 15 years I will be able to go back to using 27" rears on a daily basis.