Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on what sort of paint TiLite has used on frames in the last year or two. Is it a catalyzed enamel, or a regular air-dry paint? I have a Ti frame, but painted, and it might be time to strip the paint for a natural finish. Knowing what paint is used will help with picking a process to strip it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I have 5" Z2fw22 perf billet softroll casters. what bearings do they use? it says R6RS but can't find anything similar is this a 5/16 608???

Also can I replace the wheels with the 5"x1 frog epic aluminum firm roll wheel?
    "R6" = 3/8" ID x 7/8" OD x 9/32" thick. "RS" means rubberized shield.
    "608" = 8m ID x 22mm OD x 7mm thick.

Bearing nomenclature is very standardized.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on what sort of paint TiLite has used on frames in the last year or two. Is it a catalyzed enamel, or a regular air-dry paint? I have a Ti frame, but painted, and it might be time to strip the paint for a natural finish. Knowing what paint is used will help with picking a process to strip it. Thanks!
    We use a powder coat process for painting our frames. The paint is applied to the frame and then it is baked in an oven.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.
    I'd go with what Stephen indicated. This is more current information than what we have. Our response would have been that they won't work as the bearing is too small, but it sounds like Stephen is on top of this one. Thanks Stephen.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    We use a powder coat process for painting our frames. The paint is applied to the frame and then it is baked in an oven.
    For reference, is TiLite equipped to refinish a frame? Either repainting it or stripping it and doing a satin or polished finish?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    For reference, is TiLite equipped to refinish a frame? Either repainting it or stripping it and doing a satin or polished finish?
    Yes. We can strip it of it's paint and repaint it (titanium or aluminum) or strip it of it's paint, and make it a satin finish, if it is a titanium frame. However, we cannot put a polish finish on a titanium frame once it has been powder coated.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Thanks. I wont be opening that methylene chloride can of worms, lol. I guess it is time to find a local media blaster

Thanks. I wont be opening that methylene chloride can of worms, lol. I guess it is time to find a local media blaster
    Cute. Good luck.

Not sure how to take Cute...but it's not a dig at you. Methylene chloride is pretty much the only real way to chemically strip powder coat...and it's real nasty and expensive. Cheaper and better to blast it. Then again, don't you hate text with regional colloquialisms having different significance?

Not sure how to take Cute...but it's not a dig at you. Methylene chloride is pretty much the only real way to chemically strip powder coat...and it's real nasty and expensive. Cheaper and better to blast it. Then again, don't you hate text with regional colloquialisms having different significance?
    Thanks for the clarification. We strip the paint with a blasting compound. No EPA issues.