Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to move?

Where to move?

There are regular inquiries by CC members wanting to find a good place to relocate to. If considering PA you should view this video. It explains why this ex-Pennsylvanian is living in South Carolina. lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I pretty much in life entire time. PA not bad. Will admit whit winter was "something, but even that was an exception. Probably everywhere has its plusses and minuses. Probably what makes sense if really want to move, should look at all of complex and well as the simple things you are associated with.

I refuse to live in freezing air conditioning year round. At least here they plow very quickly and sidewalks must be cleared or they stop your mail. Back in Maryland they basically wait for the stuff to melt. We looked at land on Albermarle Sound in NC before my injury thinking we'd buy some land and build a waterfront home with sailboat dock about 20 years later. We went back to relook at Oriental in July. Nope, it was like 100 degrees and that's on the water! Wish we had bought the land for resale though.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Well,between Pa and Florida, I guess you just have to choose which 3 months you want to be house bound.

I've heard God created fire ants just so florida residents don't get too smug in January.

I have to admit SC seems like the best of both worlds, uplands that is.....who needs hurricanes?

Im still a Californian at heart, but lived in pa for 20 years and then moved to South Carolina. south Carolina isn't California but it sure enough isn't Pennsylvania ether.

I enjoyed the video. It's about as right as you can get when describing the weather in the keystone state.

Wow! Sounds like you folks despise PA. Yes there was winter this year. But really over last 20+ years with global warming, this is totally different than when I was a child. It gets hot here, cold and in-between. Go to Google and just enter in a city and state. you will get a satellite view you can look at and get some impression of what it may be in the location.

I can't say I've ever been to PA, but I've experienced Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York City, and New Jersey during the winter. As a native Californian, I have the hardest time seeing how anyone can tolerate snow, let alone temperatures that regularly get below 50 degrees. Of course, that's the Californian in me talking. Then my friend from Montana tells me that he'll wear short sleeves and such when its 40 degrees outside... I can't do winter!
    Andria - T6/7 Transverse Myelitis - My Chariots: Ki Tsunami Titanium w/ Spinergy SPOX, Jay J2 Seatback, Jay J3 cushion | 2002 Mercedes E55 AMG, Brilliant Silver, Autoadapt Menox control, hard-wired Valentine 1

I wasn't terribly happy in pa, but my most beloved friends and family are there. we all moved to pa in 1991. the fall was always lovely, and spring most welcomed. what I found hardest is that it's just very expensive to live there. more expensive than San Diego.

Bucks county taxes kill you, as do all the sales, property, occupational, and head tax in most pa counties. the head tax is a tax on each member of a household. they harass you for years after moving out of bucks county because they still want their taxes even if you moved out of bucks county because of the taxes.

If you work in philly and live outside the city there is a tax. if you live outside the city but work in the city, there is a tax.

tax this tax that, baby formula was four bucks a can in San Diego, and eight bucks a can in Pennsylvania. all food was about comparably taxed. gas is .80 cents cheaper on sc because of the non tax.

I don't smoke, but cigarettes are $3 more in pa due to their tax system.

you just can't win when it comes to the taxes in that state.

I luv my central Florida home

Joe

jody, I pay just under $10k in taxes. I do agree taxes are ridiculous. I did get something in the mail a few weeks ago about the state trying to push a different tax plan. This not the first time though. I not smoke and care less if those cost $10/pack. I think the way they are trying to do taxes now is tax even more. My neighbor though owns a car dealership. His house is next to mine. When I looked at his property line it was barely bigger than his house. This was total BS. The clown has a 5-car garage, in-ground pool as well has must actually own 5-6 lots. His tax bill is for 1 lot. His garage even goes over the property line he is being billed for. This clown is a crook.