Thread: Bike-on Quad Elite Excelerator

Bike-on Quad Elite Excelerator

This is a full Quad Elite Excelerator for a C-5 customer of mine in Australia. Newer injury and was just more comfortable in a high bike. Its outfitted with Quadgrips and wrist shift, Bike-on disc brake and full Bionx. He wanted it for cruising on nice flat areas. We had a custom fork made to accommodate a disc brake. I'm a big fan of the disc brake for any quad bike I DO, ITS SAVED MY BUTT MORE THAN ONCE ON MY RX.

Last edited by fuentejps; 03-11-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Looks great John. The Bionix will really make it a fun bike for him.

How much does this kind of setup run?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Looks great John. The Bionix will really make it a fun bike for him.
    its not my first choice for someone, but it will be enjoyable for him and get him out exercising so its all good.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I agree, would not be my first choice for an upright bike. I've always been kind of leary on the uprights anyway. Always felt like they were going to tip over. If the person is planning on using the Bionix fulltime I can see one; if not, there are other alternatives to powering a handcycle.

The option for electric power is great for the occasional rider or one who doesn't plan on racing. I can keep up with my bike buddies doing twenty plus mph on the flats or hills; something I couldnt do before. And, really saves on the shoulders bigtime.

For those training, electrical power, like the Roadrace Powerpod, is a benefit for getting used to cranking at a much higher cadence and faster speed.

ya, I'm just not into electric maybe when I retire. althou an off road with bio may be in my future. we only use the top of the line bio sport series. powerful.
    I'm working on something way cool and crazy quad functional currently, stay tuned.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com