Thread: 9 years of agony. What is next. Need good state with best state with experience.

9 years of agony. What is next. Need good state with best state with experience.

I am 34 in November. My name is David and I am a paraplegic T-5/T-6//supposedly complete, do to a knife in the back(Victim of a Violent Crime) 9 years ago. I was on pain management almost 4 months ago and the Dr. wouldn't up my dosage so I decided to try some cocaine to numb my body and unfortunately failed a urine test so I am pretty much suffering and haven't been proactive now for a year. I recently was diagnosed with cellulitis. The Dr. jammed the needle in the would and I bent the needle. Here is the catch;I was at the hospital a week prior and they gave me loratbs ten mg, in which I saved two every night a few hours before I went to be knowing I only had 15 of them-mind you I had a sprained ankle at this time. When I was on pain management prior to testing positive, I was taking Morphine 30 mg immediate release and extended. Anyways I went for the follow up where the Young dr. sliced me open and squeezed the wound even though I was on Bactrim. FYI am on a double dose of this medicine. Why would the dr. give me tens and after the procedure a week later give me 5-325's? I am going to see my primary tomorrow and did not fill the script in hopes my dr will give me at least tens to get me through this pain. After I am healed I will be in search of new pain Dr. if possible and possibly relocating to the nearest community where there are more skilled professional Dr.' who specialize with paraplegics. I have crazy spasms that hinder the shit out of me and quite frankly almost at a loss with life. Can someone give me some advice on the matter. I know this i scatterbrained thoughts but its all I can think about right now is if this pain goes away the spasms will too. Never tried these forums and figured what can it hurt when your almost broken. Former military here and former state champ wrestler of Ma back in 98. Just want some serious facts and some serious answers to the few questions I have. I anyone knows or anyone can help, please contact this post or my email. Wheels2keep1@aol.com. I appreciate your time and concern. I am not a junky-been there done that-Looking to be proactive wherever the best opportunities suits me. Much appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My hips are in lots of pain, mainly left side yet Dr.s can't find nothing wrong with it. I am here in Summerville SC close to Charleston.

You could buy your own TENS unit, I did that a few years back after shoulder surgery. They can be reasonably priced if you buy them online instead of through a local medical supply company. This is where I bought mine. I have no relation with this company other than buying one of their products. I'd recommend picking one with a few different modes so you can try which one works best for you. Sometimes you can find replacement electrode pads elsewhere so shop around when it's time for more.
    http://www.lgmedsupply.com/tensproducts.html

Quote Originally Posted by David Berg View Post
    You could buy your own TENS unit, I did that a few years back after shoulder surgery. They can be reasonably priced if you buy them online instead of through a local medical supply company. This is where I bought mine. I have no relation with this company other than buying one of their products. I'd recommend picking one with a few different modes so you can try which one works best for you. Sometimes you can find replacement electrode pads elsewhere so shop around when it's time for more.
    http://www.lgmedsupply.com/tensproducts.html
    I looked at the site and wow! So many models to choose from how would you know which to buy?
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    I looked at the site and wow! So many models to choose from how would you know which to buy?
    The model I have is from about 5 years ago, but I think the closest one now is the one they call their most popular model at $119. I'm happy with it, but if you don't mind spending a bit more, I'd go with the $179 or $189 models for the additional modes that they offer. They offer the inferential mode used when I was in PT. One offers Russian, which I've read about in the past but can't remember the details, and the other microcurrent, which don't know anything about. Maybe they could give you a few details if you called (if you're interested in spending that much), but I also recommend doing your own research online.

BTW, be sure to go ahead and order some additional electrode pads right up front. If you can find them locally, and that's a big if, it's a pretty sure bet they'll be more expensive. After that, just experiment with placement and modes to see what works for you.

That's a lot of drugs in high doses. Sounds to me like your addicted. You need to find another way to manage your pain and maybe a tens unit or therapy is your answer.

My .02
    ^^(A)^^

There is a big difference between addiction and dependency. A diabetic is dependent on insulin, not addicted. Someone in severe chronic pain can easily be dependent upon pain meds just to get through each day.

If you're former military and were honorably discharged, your local VA hospital could help you with SCI pain management, medical equipment and wound care. If you're still in MA, try: http://www.va.gov/directory/guide/st...m=ALL&STATE=MA

Forgive me if I misunderstood, but I thought he was referring to 10 as in the amount of 325's the doc gave him .. then 5 after slicing him open.

First of all, I don't like the way your doc treated this cellulitis. What's the status of your sprained ankle? You need to treat that cellulitis with antibiotics.

I'm sorry that I don't have any experiences with pain (other than thankfulness). Did pot not touch it? I've been at medical seminars where they say that they can't replicate the pain relieving effects of MJ.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

sorry your dilemma, you do need a new pain doc ...likely.

If I come off difficult apologies, also military, walker but in the shitter.

You are confusing pain and spasms, both can cause horrific pain, I break bones (did) with spasms, now have an IT pump with baclofen, clonidine and now midolazam. this has helped with spasms tremendously.

Descibr your pain, if neurpathic, there are meds that MAY help. Narcotics are typically ineffective for Central Pain, so getting the meds you think you need may not be the answer.They should help the incision pain.

apologies the typos comig from the worst night in months, neuro pain, nociceptive pain, spasm pain, Central Pain and surgical (last Friday) MJ has not helped me at all.

take a step back ( I know this is impossible right now) and make a plan, describe your pain so a good daoc can help, try appropriate meds ( brain to fuzzy from pain to remeeber them. do you know what pain you have?

stay stong, work it, you know pain, take it in small increments a day or an hour, while you sot this. MA must have decent pain docs, although I don't know who, took me 10 years + to find the doc I have.

peace,

ket