Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21 Years

21 years is an accomplishment! Good luck with the rest of the race!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Congrats! I remember 21 .. lol.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Congrats! I remember 21 .. lol.
    I wish I could but that was over 20 years ago! I'll celebrate 42 in June.

Happy anniversary Dunno! Stay strong brother!
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    I wish I could but that was over 20 years ago! I'll celebrate 42 in June.

Happy anniversary Dunno! Stay strong brother!
    I will jump in and also wish Donno a happy anniversary. I have noticed that I also fatigue sooner than I did at my 20th anniversary. (That was 27 years ago. I will be 47 years post in July.) Like you, most of my bladder and bowel issues have "worked out" and life is pretty good. A good and supportive wife (42 years) also makes life enjoyable.

Quoting DeadEye again, "
    Stay strong Brother!!!"

Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Blog Entries
    Wow! I'm floored by all of the great comments and well wishes. I really don't see myself as anything special, I'm just a cripple getting by day to day - as all of us are. I am uncomfortable being "admired" for that by TABs (Temporarily Able Bodied), but coming from some of my peers, it is truly appreciated. Thanks to everyone for sharing my joy. Like Millard, my wife of 47 years (I was 20, and she was 17) has made my life much easier and definitely more enjoyable, and she deserves much of the credit for who I am today.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I knew our anniversaries were close together Donno. My 20 year is this month. I was 17 when I was injured. Been "a little shorter" for more than half my life now. I hardly remember it being any other way than this. Life has been good despite a few set backs along the way. So happy to have you guys on CC during the years of aging with SCI!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I knew our anniversaries were close together Donno. My 20 year is this month. I was 17 when I was injured. Been "a little shorter" for more than half my life now. I hardly remember it being any other way than this. Life has been good despite a few set backs along the way. So happy to have you guys on CC during the years of aging with SCI!
    I'll have to make it to 92 to be "short" for half my life. That might be interesting...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I knew you were a good guy Donno when I bought that Tilite wheelchair from you 4 or 5 years ago. You've done well with your life. I think it's gotta be even tougher being paralyzed later in life. I was 23 and turning 56 in May 5, was injured May 9th, some late birthday gift, lol. But ya, it'll be 33 years this May, long time. Like you said I do find myself tiring more easily, especially after 4 or 5 hours of Tennis or a 30 mile bike ride. I guess this kind of thing is normal even for a/b people as they age.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

God Bless bud, keep the good ones coming

ket

You're having a good run, Donno. Cheers to many more years to come. Bouquets to your lovely bride, too!

All the best,
    GJ