Thread: New car means new hand controls. A big thanks to Freedom Mobility in Orlando, FL

New car means new hand controls. A big thanks to Freedom Mobility in Orlando, FL

Some of you may know I was driving a 2010 Camaro SS which I then traded for a 2013 Camaro ZL1. After thinking long and hard, I decided to do some major downsizing mainly because I don't drive my car that often. (less than 3K miles a year) So I decided to get a new Mini Cooper S which is pretty cool to drive. The Cooper "only" has 181HP compared to the 580HP that my ZL1 had but that's okay. The Mini is roughly 1500 lbs lighter so the 181HP goes farther than what you might think. I decided to go with Freedom Mobility in the Orlando, FL area for the Sure Grip (push/pull style) hand controls and I couldn't be happier with the results. FM did an awesome job with the installation with a very clean look and minimal (and I do mean minimal) dashboard panel fabrication.

Does the vehicle have an adjustable steering wheel? If so, do these particular hand controls prevent you from using it?

Looks nice!
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Can you transfer your chair into the car without folding down the back?

Cool car! S with the JCW aero package, right? Nice choice on the wheels too! Enjoy

nice clean installation!
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    Does the vehicle have an adjustable steering wheel? If so, do these particular hand controls prevent you from using it?

Looks nice!
    the steering is adjustable but the installer told me I shouldn't move the wheel after the installation of the controls.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Can you transfer your chair into the car without folding down the back?
    no, I have to fold down my chair's backrest. the Mini's are nice cars but they're pretty small so I need to make my chair as small as possible when I load and unload.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Cool car! S with the JCW aero package, right? Nice choice on the wheels too! Enjoy
    I don't think it has the JCW Aero package. It has the sport package but I don't think it's JCW.