Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dune Sport Travel Trailer (Wheelchair accessible)

Dune Sport Travel Trailer (Wheelchair accessible)

Hello,
    My husband and I are in the process of ordering a wheelchair accessible Toy Hauler/RV. The only place we've found that specializes in accessible RV/TH is Dune Sport. Has anyone had any experience with them or been in one? They are located in Mesa Arizona and I am in Texas. They build them for people all over the world and the pics are great. The website allows you to customize your purchase for your needs. Anyone have any insight/experience on this company or their products? Thought I would check with you guys before we finalize our purchase. Our only other option is to buy a used one that we can modify.

Thanks
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

It's hard to find any accessible trailers anywhere Ive been trying for awhile with no luck. I looked at their web sight and they look like nice campers and the prices aren't too bad. If you get one lets us know how it works for you. thanks!

I checked into them about two years ago. I think that they have a great product. My brother checked out the quality and thought they were decent. Thanks for bringing it up, now I want one again!

Hi Brent,
    We ordered one on Friday. They have a 4 month back order so we won't be picking it up until July. We got the 28' H2 floor plan. Roll in shower, big bathroom, accessible microwave below the counter tops, fan and ac are on remote and all the switches are lowered for the generator and water supply. The front bedroom bed is lowered some too so I can transfer right in. We are super excited about it.
    One of the first things my husband said was to tell you and your wife to join our group ride in Moab in September. We can sleep 6 people and have plenty of room for both of our chairs......and a WC accessible bathroom! Going to be so much nicer than my homemade toilet set ups from previous years of camping!

Feel free to join us in Mena AR April 18-21 to ride at Wolf Pen Gap. We rented a wheelchair accessible cabin for that weekend.

Hope you're doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by Prerun View Post
    I checked into them about two years ago. I think that they have a great product. My brother checked out the quality and thought they were decent. Thanks for bringing it up, now I want one again!
    They've made a lot of changes in the last year on quality. They had some issues in 2010 and 2011 but now have a new manufactuer and quality process. Unfortuantely we have to drive to Mesa AZ to pick it up. Going to hit the Grand Canyon for our first camping trip on the way back to TX.

Would you please post pics of the inside when you get it? There are others of us on here that have wondered if these would work us.

The camper sounds great. We just booked our rooms to go back to Taylor Park Colorado for 4th of july or I'd take you up on the Moab trip it sounds like fun. Ive been meaning to message you to find out where to go in Mena AR. We've been looking it up and it looks like a great area and not that far of a drive.

It's too bad that Wolf Pen Gap only allows ATV's. I'm itching to get my Jeep on the trails.

Why not purchase a RV/Toy hauler from a dealer like forest river or keystone and have them modify it. That is what we did and it is great and perfect for my wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by BRENTS View Post
    The camper sounds great. We just booked our rooms to go back to Taylor Park Colorado for 4th of july or I'd take you up on the Moab trip it sounds like fun. Ive been meaning to message you to find out where to go in Mena AR. We've been looking it up and it looks like a great area and not that far of a drive.
    Wolf Pen gap is where we ride in Arkansas. Let me know if you ever head that way. We rent the same wheelchair accessible cabin every year. Great people.