Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Um noooo. Quebecois are very different. Sneeze fart and yell at the same time - that's French Canadian. Trust me on this!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Um noooo. Quebecois are very different. Sneeze fart and yell at the same time - that's French Canadian. Trust me on this!
    Haha, well... I guess I have to trust you then...
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

When they say return of sexual function, do they mean just the ability to retain an erection? The ability to have sensation and reach an orgasm?

Looking back on my question, I realize it's pretty stupid. Because it's such a taboo, what researcher is going to document those kind of results. How unfortunate.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 09-26-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Looking back on my question, I realize it's pretty stupid. Because it's such a taboo, what researcher is going to document those kind of results. How unfortunate.

James, I Sincerely hope that you were being sarcastic, I mean that is a real problem. Your question wasn't stupid at all. But I know what you are saying about it being kind of taboo. Sexual function IS important and we actually do ourselves a disservice if we act like it isnt important .
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    James, I Sincerely hope that you were being sarcastic, I mean that is a real problem. Your question wasn't stupid at all. But I know what you are saying about it being kind of taboo. Sexual function IS important and we actually do ourselves a disservice if we act like it isnt important .
    Hey James, I truly agree with lunasicc: sexuality is important as any return or even more. Your question is a good one and it deserves an answer. But be aware that usually this kind of results is monitored within the reserch by sci sex therapists as a separate specialized field and maybe the results would vary due to age, health and other issues that even an able person would face...
    Last edited by Moe; 09-21-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

eum... Wow...

I really question whether this epidural stimulation even does much of anything, why has it not been talked about more or in the news more? Why is it seemingly helping nobody? It's so typical that there is a slow news day and something that is suppose to a break through or real big gets talked about just for that one day and then you never hear anything about it again, I've seen this sort of thing so many times over my 33 years in the chair.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I really question whether this epidural stimulation even does much of anything, why has it not been talked about more or in the news more? Why is it seemingly helping nobody? It's so typical that there is a slow news day and something that is suppose to a break through or real big gets talked about just for that one day and then you never hear anything about it again, I've seen this sort of thing so many times over my 33 years in the chair.
    Don't get too down Curt. So far, we have a limited number of people implanted and being tested on which to draw information and data from. We'll grill Reggie on as much as we can during Q & A and in the breakout session at W2W in Seattle. Hopefully a lot more information will be available in the presentation than what we have seen on the internet so far.

I sure hope so, after 33 years of practically nothing I'm feeling really down about any future of something that helps with this injury.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred