Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Quote Originally Posted by Yas View Post
    Any idea why this clinic/hospital in Bangkok using stem cells and the Beike stimulator (Epidural Stimulation Now) is getting bad reviews here? I saw some of the patients feedback on videos, one of them on the BBC which had very positive feedback to give about the whole procedure and the progress they were making. Did not see anyone walking with a walker yet, but it seems like they apply all the techniques that seem to yield some result to the patient.
    From what I understand for every person implanted with a success story there are 10 people who have been implanted desperately contacting Harkema/Edgerton asking for help with optimising the devices. Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    From what I understand for every person implanted with a success story there are 10 people who have been implanted desperately contacting Harkema/Edgerton asking for help with optimising the devices. Make of that what you will.
    That would make sense, thank you FPF

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.
    My son was also called for the standing/testosterone trial because we had put in an application for the stim trials. We also said no, but I would make it possible if they had asked us to come down for the stim trials. Id' move there for 6 months. Think I'll call them back and offer our services again, but for the right trial. They did say the electrical stim trials were over but certainly someone will follow up.

Regarding post 431 and 432, this is an excerpt from an article that was posted on facebook from the christopher reeve page today that I think summed up the thailand situation pretty well

"The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is aware that there are companies and clinics in other parts of the world that offer epidural stimulation alone or in combination with other interventions (i.e. stem cell transplants). Narratives, advertisements and patient testimonials on their websites and in their social media suggest that their "therapies" are the equivalent of the epidural stimulation studies being done at the University of Louisville. These medical treatments are not the same. "
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Regarding post 431 and 432, this is an excerpt from an article that was posted on facebook from the christopher reeve page today that I think summed up the thailand situation pretty well

"The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is aware that there are companies and clinics in other parts of the world that offer epidural stimulation alone or in combination with other interventions (i.e. stem cell transplants). Narratives, advertisements and patient testimonials on their websites and in their social media suggest that their "therapies" are the equivalent of the epidural stimulation studies being done at the University of Louisville. These medical treatments are not the same. "
    Is it exactly the same, no. But will what comes out of the CDRF trial be the same as they are testing with today - no.

The difference is these clinics are offering estim today, how long will you have to wait until something comes out of these trials? Too ******* long.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Is it exactly the same, no. But will what comes out of the CDRF trial be the same as they are testing with today - no.

The difference is these clinics are offering estim today, how long will you have to wait until something comes out of these trials? Too ******* long.
    May good fortune be with you then
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    May good fortune be with you then
    Thanks, I think good fortune would be they make whats been trialed so far available for compassionate use.

Thanks, I think good fortune would be they make whats been trialed so far available for compassionate use.
    If you want a Medtronic pain stimulator implanted, you can be tested and implanted by Dr. Justin Brown if he thinks you're a good candidate for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    If you want a Medtronic pain stimulator implanted, you can be tested and implanted by Dr. Justin Brown if he thinks you're a good candidate for it.
    Will he implement it the same way as the ones in the trials?

Will he implement it the same way as the ones in the trials?
    You'd have to consult with Dr. Brown.