Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 442

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

  1. #411
    Gregoire Courtine talked at the IBSA Foundation about a few weeks ago. I saved the link from you tube but it is not working anymore. I wanted to hear what he had to say as he is also starting or (started) a clinical trial. It is pulled from youtube. Maybe someone can find out. Thanks to anybody.


    Here is the link: it is about 27 minutes but pulled from youtube.


    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...bsa+foundation

  2. #412
    Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    Gregoire Courtine talked at the IBSA Foundation about a few weeks ago. I saved the link from you tube but it is not working anymore. I wanted to hear what he had to say as he is also starting or (started) a clinical trial. It is pulled from youtube. Maybe someone can find out. Thanks to anybody.

    Here is the link: it is about 27 minutes but pulled from youtube.

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...bsa+foundation
    The question and answer panel discussion is still there along with a small trailer of the Courtine presentation. Most times, these presentations at scientific conferences are heavily edited or not put out for public use if they contain a lot of unpublished data. That's probably the reason it was pulled off.

  3. #413
    Thank you Grammy, I will check the panel discussion. I wish I listened to it before they pulled it.

  4. #414
    Quote Originally Posted by scimike View Post
    Thank you Grammy, I will check the panel discussion. I wish I listened to it before they pulled it.
    Yes, it would have been a good one. When he does a presentation, he gives it all up for the audience. Unfortunately, the vast majority ends up on the cutting room floor. He's doing some amazing work in his field.

  5. #415
    Yes I have been following him for awhile now. He has sold his company to a rich solid company and they are going full ahead with his hard work (about 11 years I think) and he supposed to start the clinical trials in July or very soon. Let's see if I can catch anything on the panel discussions.

  6. #416
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The speakers this year at W2W 2016 involved in the various stimulation pieces for SCI are:

    David Darrow, MD, University of Minnesota, Epidural Stimulation for Spinal Cord Injury
    Kendall H. Lee, MD, PhD, Neural Engineering Laboratory, Mayo Clinic Spinal Cord Injury Project
    Megan Moynahan, MS, Executive Director, Institute for Functional Restoration at Case Western Reserve University
    Nick Terrafranca Jr., DPM, NeuroRecovery Technologies
    Michael Wolfson, PhD, Program Director, Division of Discovery Science & Technology (DDST)
    National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)

    The live blog presentation summaries along with Q & A are available HERE. I'll be posting the full video presentations when they are made available at the blog link below.

  7. #417
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,585
    GRAMMY: huge thanks for the liveblogging. Means a lot to be able to sorta kinda be there for the talks even if it is after the fact.
    Any other post-conference takeaways?

  8. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    GRAMMY: huge thanks for the liveblogging. Means a lot to be able to sorta kinda be there for the talks even if it is after the fact.
    Any other post-conference takeaways?
    A big thanks for Kate Willette that is writing up all the summaries. To be really honest, there's a huge amount of information that just cannot be typed fast enough in the summaries. It's a whirlwind job. It's amazing how much more you're able to catch in the video presentations when they're edited and put up on line. (I tend to do a lot of rewinds to make sure I heard certain things correctly). An important take away was just posted in the Q & A where Nick has reported they've secured long term funding for NeuroRecovery Technology. From his presentation, they're looking at the transcutaneous being available in 2-2/12 years for the public. That's cool. I also like the fact that they've split up the research among several entities to speed up the data on outcomes they plan to present to the FDA. Cool Beans!

  9. #419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,585
    Oops. Replied to way-old post.

  10. #420

    That is excellent news!

    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    A big thanks for Kate Willette that is writing up all the summaries. To be really honest, there's a huge amount of information that just cannot be typed fast enough in the summaries. It's a whirlwind job. It's amazing how much more you're able to catch in the video presentations when they're edited and put up on line. (I tend to do a lot of rewinds to make sure I heard certain things correctly). An important take away was just posted in the Q & A where Nick has reported they've secured long term funding for NeuroRecovery Technology. From his presentation, they're looking at the transcutaneous being available in 2-2/12 years for the public. That's cool. I also like the fact that they've split up the research among several entities to speed up the data on outcomes they plan to present to the FDA. Cool Beans!
    Grammy


    That is excellent news. I have been following the progress they are making for the past year and have been very concerned about them ever getting funded.

    While this is certainly not a cure and it will provide different benefits to different subsets over the SCI population it does hold the promise of being able to provide some very real in meaningful results too many people within the next three years.

Similar Threads

  1. New post about the Epidural Stimulation
    By Barrington314mx in forum Cure
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 09:54 PM
  2. Epidural Stimulation
    By Skipow in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 12:09 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 06:39 AM
  4. Epidural stimulation?
    By cgtreadw in forum Science, Medicine, & Technology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 10:47 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 02:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •