Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Probably and hopefully.

I'm extremely impressed that you can also make the claim about how Curt's nervous system will respond to the transcutaneous stimulation.
    First of all I was talking about the implantable version. I said probably, because no one as Chronic as him has been involved with the stimulator. I then said it again because we don't know how long it will take to get to market,NRT is saying five years. I then said hopefully in terms of hoping that the device is perfected and shows the best results. Finally I said "I can't" tell him what will happen. Not even REMOTLEY did I CLAM how his body will respond. But you know what, seeing how the transcutaneous stimulator has shown improvements in all patients it has been utilized on, the odds are looking good.

I'm extremely impressed how you can be so punch worthy!

There is no need for me to say anything more on this subject. I think it is evident from your incoherent ramblings you're a as stupid as you are reckless with misinformation.

And mods - I assume calling someone an "ignorant little shit" is within the rules of the forum?

Personal attacks are not within the rules, please stop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbailey View Post
    Could you share information on the make and model of whatever he is using? Are you using this on your own or in conjunction with FES professionals?
    I would suggest that you make an appointment with Kennedy Krieger, I don't want to see people shocking themselves willy-nilly. They have been very open and helpful. It is an off the shelf stim machine. My son is 6' tall and 140 lbs, it hasn't worked as well on heavier people with larger waists. He has had volitional movement of his legs and ankles for the first time in 8 years but feels it is somehow connected to his breathing. We have used a channel from a RTI 300 to stim his cord while walking in gait mode on a weight assisted treadmill with trainers with little noticeable reaction. He is back from college this week and we hope to move forward with trying new things. We are using much lower power than we think any of the labs are using. We have had no long lasting return of function or sensation yet. I don't want to risk pushing too hard and causing any problems for my son or anyone else. I am always concerned that new sensation could come in many forms and I don't want to risk negative returns. If The stim changes his bladder or bowel (his I.C. And bowel program are working well) and cause pain I would not be able to forgive myself. These Labs have a very difficult job, let them do it. When they release information they cause people like us to "dive into the water" without checking the depth. There are many positive things on the horizon, be positive and live your life.

We first tried this stim at KK in August of 2015. I wanted to pull my son out of college and start home experimenting full time. He chose to go back to school instead. I hate when my kids are more grounded and smarter than I am. He is coming home this week and convinced me to not change our electric service to 480volts YET!

I have contacted several of the leading American labs and not yet had any replies. I can't help but think that they are light years ahead of anything I can conceive of. We have an unusual situation, we have a very small group of people with SCIs that we see multiple times every week for many years.

On one hand, I love that you're so involved in improving his health and life!

On the other, I'm glad he was smart enough to go back to school. lol

I'm using GECO stim to heal wounds (not really working) but have been so tempted to place it over my spine with one end above, other below. It gives quite a jolt.

Seeing as I'm flaccidly paralyzed, think I'm effed for this too. My hopes were only 1/18 of what they used to be. Three decades post was the game changer for me.

Hope this works for all the younger ones though! Speed to bedside use! I mean out of bed use lol!
    Last edited by lynnifer; 05-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Just neato factoid ... I happened to be posting to REDDIT about the e-stim 2DEN-X (can't recall exact name) and a worker at Anatomical Concepts expressed regret that something that could help me wasn't available to me in Canada.

Apparently it works for flaccid paralysis via larger voltages over a larger area.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

"I wanted to pull my son out of college and start home experimenting full time. He chose to go back to school instead. I hate when my kids are more grounded and smarter than I am. He is coming home this week and convinced me to not change our electric service to 480volts YET!"

Very cool NRF! Ha, my daughter would opt for school too!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Just neato factoid ... I happened to be posting to REDDIT about the e-stim 2DEN-X (can't recall exact name) and a worker at Anatomical Concepts expressed regret that something that could help me wasn't available to me in Canada.

Apparently it works for flaccid paralysis via larger voltages over a larger area.
    It's not very difficult to get one shipped into Canada. The US is more difficult. But I know at least one person that has.

I contacted twice and their voltages are not to Canadian standards. Wouldn't even deal with me.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I contacted twice and their voltages are not to Canadian standards. Wouldn't even deal with me.
    You can ship it in via the Netherlands to practically anywhere.