Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Remember Dr McDonald ... Superman's doc?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong here as it's been ... well, over a decade?

Last I read, he's an Exec Director at KKI
    McDonald is not at KKI. He left there years ago.

Geezus ... so I wonder where he is now? I'll be hopeful and say South America. LOL

We're going to see a head transplant before we see this come to fruition for all. How sad is that? lol
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Trying to think of another big name that was popular at the beginning of the stem cell craze ... he was at the Myelitis Center at Johns Hopkins. Worked with Kaplan. It'll come to me.

3 minutes later: Dr Douglas Kerr. Went to Biogen and never heard from again.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Someone that's left the research field to pursue a career in the biotech industry IS known as a head transplant.

Not only that. He put a lot of time and effort into something for ALS which they have totally abandoned now. And we think we have problems in spinal cord injury!?!?

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURTDISTRICT OF MARYLANDDOUGLAS KERR *Plaintiff * *v. * CIVIL NO. L-10-3294 *THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY * ********MEMORANDUM 2011

In February 2009, after interviewing witnesses and reviewing documentary evidence, the―Investigation Committee‖ concluded that two of the allegations against Dr. Kerr weresufficiently serious to be referred to the ―Standing Committee on Discipline‖ (the ―SCD‖). Afterreceiving additional evidence and comment from Dr. Kerr, the SCD ordered the Investigation......

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOUR...cv-03294-0.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Could it be that Dr. Edgerton supports the Louisville work because he'll need data to take to the FDA for approval of the protocols that will be set for a safety trial according to the opinions of the NIBIB team that was formed to get e-stim to the clinic? http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysis.org/blogs/18/2375

Several groups have been assembled to coordinate specific areas of the study.

A Pulmonary Group is led by Alexander Ovechkin, MD, PhD Assistant Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery, Laboratory of Clinical Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Neurophysiology, University of Louisville

A Cardiovascular Group is under the guidance of Andrei Krassioukov, MD, PhD, FRCPC ICORD (International Collaboration On Repair Discoveries), Vancouver, BC, Canada

Bowel, Bladder & Sexual Function Group: led by Charles H. Hubschner, PhD ? Professor, Department of Anatomical Sciences & Neurobiology, University of Louisville

Quality of Life Group is led by Alan Jette, PhD ? Professor, Boston University School of Public Health

Voluntary Movement Group: led by Claudia Angeli, PhD, senior researcher with the Human Locomotion Research Center at Frazier Rehab Institute, and assistant professor at the University of Louisville's Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center."

Economic Outcomes: this group is coordinated by Randall Sell, ScD, Associate Professor, Department of Community Health and Prevention, Drexel University School of Public Health

That is interesting.

to my understanding, Dr. Harkema and Dr. Edgerton are working on two completely separate projects, she wanted to work with him, but did not want to follow his protocol therefore they tried two separate things. its evident that dr.edgerton is superior, and FDA approval on her epidural simulator won't do much for the on the skin simulator approval I would think they pretty much are completely different, maybe it will. However maybe it could help The process when NRT is ready to test their implantable simulator. To my understanding there is a private company (I can't recall the name) working with Dr. Harkema so I imagine it would just turn into conflict of interest that's just my thoughts I could be completely wrong.

Dr. Harkema's team is experimenting and gathering data with the Medtronic 16 electrode pain array that is implanted and already approved by the FDA years ago for alleviating pain. Medtronic along with the other 2 device companies attending the NIBIB meeting stated they have no interest in entering the SCI field with a locomotion device so therefore there isn't a conflict of interest. No matter what electrical stimulator is used, the FDA will want to know how the human body is being affected by such electrical treatments so the data collection necessary was divided into separate areas of expertise to speed the process. NeuroRecovery Technologies stated they intend to bring the transcutaneous device to market first due to it being cheaper and less invasive. They intend to bring the implant to market afterward with the profits from the transcutaneous sales as it will require surgery and be more complicated along with the funding not being available at this time. I believe Dr. Edgerton talked about this at W2W.

Everyone is somewhere.https://www.linkedin.com/in/doug-ker...088421aDouglas Kerr, MD, Ph.D. M.B.AGlobal Neurology Development Lead at ShireDouglas Kerr, M.D., Ph.D. M.B.A, is the Global Neurology Development Lead for Shire. Dr. Kerr also serves on the Board of Directors at The Transverse Myelitis Association. He is on the Scientific Advisory Board at both The Transverse Association and Cure SMA. Previously Dr. Kerr served as a Senior Director for Corporate Strategy at Biogen where he assesses pipeline opportunities for the company and as Senior Medical Director, Research and Development in Neurodegeneration. Dr. Kerr is also an expert in autoimmune neurodegenerative diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis and Transverse Myelitis. Dr. Kerr previously established the world-leading Transverse Myelitis center at Johns Hopkins Medical School.