Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    A very good question. I should be able to get that answered at W2W in a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I'm able to find out on it!
    Is Reggie or someone from NeuroRecovery Technologies going to be at W2W? I'm very interested to know the answer to that question too!

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    Is Reggie or someone from NeuroRecovery Technologies going to be at W2W? I'm very interested to know the answer to that question too!
    I'll PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Are you talking about the Armeo Spring used at Spaulding, or the upcoming Gait Rehabilitation Platform at the University Hospital of Vaud (CHUV)?

No, I thought it was for noninvasive epidural stimulator

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    I thought This trial was going to be for quadriplegics and upper body function?
    Ok, I see: the Arm and Hand Study announcement!! We started on this subject at the beginning of this thread, but the content got derailed pretty fast. Sorry I couldn't figure out what you would be referring to...

It was announced just this last year that area of research was being awarded a 5 year grant to study new ways to restore hand and arm movements. That wouldn't put them very deep (time wise) into the first year funding phase. I haven't heard anything on how the experiments are coming along. It's awfully early to hear much on the beginning of the 5 year grant. According to the trial site, they just opened recruitment at the very end of July this year. They have patients recruited and the study is being worked on from my understanding.

LINK:

Estimated Enrollment:15
    Study Start Date:May 2015
    Estimated Study Completion Date:July 2016
    Estimated Primary Completion Date:July 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)

UCLA LINK
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-10-2015 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    So when they get it fine tuned and ready for market. Will they train therapist at places like Race to Walk, Beyond Therapy at Shepherd, and the like, how to use and work there product? Or any PT for that matter or will we have to go inpatient?

Edit: By inpatient I mean going to them.
    Grammy did you get a chance to squeeze this question in?

@#LHB#
    Reggie and Nick were not there this year. I saw Dr. Courtine for only a moment to get him to the technicians table to mic up for his presentation. He left right away on a fast turnaround flight so I didn't catch him between speakers. I apologize. I did however ask someone involved in rehabilitation and somewhat familiar with stimulation. The way I understood it, a person would initially spend some intense time session while you're being fitted to your specific needs. (I gather probably inpatient). Once you're fitted and all runs smooth, I think you'd then have a program outline with PT to work it up to it's greatest potential. I'm sorry I cannot be more help on this answer. I'll see people that are well versed during the first week in December and I'll find out more and try to get additional opinions on how they foresee this situation working for people. Perhaps Tomsonite was able to spend a couple minutes with Gregoire and had a chance to ask. If he did, be assured he will add to this thread and let us know what he could find out also. (I'm not sure on that because Tomsonite's DC flight left 2-1/2 hrs. before mine going via Chicago.) We will find out what we can however!!!

Great Grammy. Hope they start trials very soon

It's a replication study and they will be enrolling by invitation only. Start date is in January. LINK

This is wonderful news! Finally!!!!