Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

I believe this is one of the latest findings coming out of the Edgerton lab that I put on the blog a week ago. LINK: I may have forgotten to post it here but Dr. Edgerton talked about this latest discovery at W2W 2014 in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I knew years ago there was something behind Epidural Stimulation and that it could help out in "SOME" cases. The main question is can it help out in a true proven long term complete injury? I will believe that when I see it. I would be shocked if it did, pardon the pun. I do believe it would make a difference in newer incompletes for sure, I have no trouble believing that.
    What do you consider long term? The four guys in the Louisville study were as complete as you can get, I believe the longest after injury was 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    What do you consider long term? The four guys in the Louisville study were as complete as you can get, I believe the longest after injury was 4 years.
    The newest group being recruited to undergo testing in Louisville (36) are all supposed to be again be severe completes as well from what I understand and they'll be getting the implanted subcutaneous 16 electrode pain stimulator from Medtronic.

We're not hearing anything much on how the whole "incomplete" pieces will fair out in the tests. Much more on that will be learned when the transcutaneous trials actually start recruiting with NeuroRecovery Technologies Inc.

Here's the latest video with Dr. Reggie Edgerton explaining the science and where they're going. LINK:
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 11-10-2014 at 04:42 PM.

http://www.burke.org/media/news/2014...rch-grant-from/

journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fnint.2014.00051/pdf

I have not seen any posts on Jason Carmel even though he talked at the last open house. We need comment on him.
    Finbar

The video's sound is almost inaudible when I play it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by mamadavid View Post
    The video's sound is almost inaudible when I play it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Same here, had to put earphones in to hear it

I've been wondering if one can get SCS for the SCI, i asked some doctors if they see this justified by the fact that this is a regular pain procedure in todays medicine, but they still don't accept it for another indication.

I contacted Beike and asked if i can have SCS but not stem cells, which i am not comfortable to take mainly becasue of safety concerns. they replied positively, a patient do not have to take cells, but they think it is better to combine both.

I am still exchanging emails to find out if they have the specifications and the particular physiotherapy protocols used in clinical trials. Actually, I don't know if that plays an important role, but it would be encouraging because i think it indicates that they know what they are doing, and not just copy paste what is done for pain patients.

any thoughts are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    There's at least 5 more years of study in all the stated categories that are being launched and funded in the Louisville research project so they can get the needed data and confirmation in all the categories they've described in their literature. To even make guesses and state an exact dollar amount after only 4 preliminary proof in concept participants with neuromodulation would be silly.
    Would you also answer this way to a potential investor?

I know of a potential investor who could put few millions to support the trial that has asked questions like this..

Then you said: "It isn't pretty obvious there's been a market analysis completed along with payer reimbursements calculated for the known market size?"

So do you think is it obvious or is it silly?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    The stimulation work that is the basis for Harkema's study has roots several years back by others. The bottom line is the stimulation excites nerve pathways that are left after cord contusion to a level where they activate from what appears to be a dormant state or close to it. There has not been any new spinal cord growth.
    I am happy you pointed that out, as in the past some people have been thinking this approcah induce some regeneration.
    If I had done it I suspect it would have been taken as "negativity" or things like that

Paolo
    Last edited by paolocipolla; 11-13-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mamadavid View Post
    Now it works well for me.

Paolo