Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Epidural Stimulation Future Trials and Commercial Planning

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Buddy again clear as Day you said your son is responding INCREDABLY. Now everyone's excited wondering how you did it what model you used, how they can get it etc. Than incredibly turned into my son thinks he's triggering movement with his breathing ( just point out I do that) now it is NOT showing noticeable movement or sensation. So you can stop slandering my name cause you dug your own hole. How do you justify saying he is responding incredibly with no noticeable motor or sensory function let alone autonomic function? Especially in context to the transcutaneous stimulator, how do you expect people to think when you say he's responding incredibly. Seems you're the one we shouldn't pay attention to...

BTW my responses are going to actual data and information from the company so there's that lmfao.
    You're right, everyone else is wrong! I just don't know which one of your versions will be right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    What I wrote has nothing to do with James. You posted that your son made great progress with a stimulator from Kennedy Krieger. You then later posted that the unit was from an RT300 used to stim his back while using a walking harness on a treadmill. Please correct me if that is incorrect.

If it is correct then please elaborate.
    Mize,
    please reread my post. I said the RTI showed LITTLE noticeable reaction. One of 5 trainers felt something in one person, no one else felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    Mize,
    please reread my post. I said the RTI showed LITTLE noticeable reaction. One of 5 trainers felt something in one person, no one else felt it.
    Ok, but you also said you were working at home with a stimulator from Krieger and separately said that your son had good results with stim. I'm merely asking you to clarify those systems.

If you son had great results with stim then what model and mode. Was it one borrowed from Krieger?

You're right, everyone else is wrong! I just don't know which one of your versions will be right.
    It's not my vision buddy, again I'll say it yet again I'm just relaying information

So first

My son is 8 years post injury C5/6 ASIA A, he is responding incredibly to "on the skin stimulator!".

He has had volitional movement of his legs and ankles for the first time in 8 years but feels it is somehow connected to his breathing. We have used a channel from a RTI 300 to stim his cord while walking in gait mode on a weight assisted treadmill with trainers with little noticeable reaction'
    So apparent voluntary movement of his legs and ankles that COULD be related to his breathing in the way of spasticity (as a similar injury I can attest to this phenomenon). Then with little noticeable reaction as you said.

The head unit from the RTI is NOT showing noticeable movement or sensation.. Be very careful of paying any attention to JamesMcM or his replies, he claims that people said things they never said (or implied) in some twisted attempt to prove he actually has an inside relationship with medical device movers and shakers.
    Then you said it's NOT showing noticeable movement or sensation

Slightly contradicting but at the end of the day I think we are all just trying to figure out where the "responding incredibly" diagnosis is coming from ( no twisting of words these are direct quotes from you). It's not about me being right or wrong, I have nothing to do with it, this is about what you said! However I was "right" in saying that NRT wants to develop the implantable stimulator, because they believe very chronic and severe injuries won't respond very well to " on the skin stimulation" which seems to be correct ( even in your son's case because in any of these varying outcomes you've described none would even come close to NRTs study), then again I was just relaying information I got from more so it's not like I could've been right or wrong, that would be on them the people who have been studying this on 15 patients and Lord knows how many animal models..
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-07-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Has anybody any experience with this clinic, has anybody contact with one af these patient (facebook)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqA28x-bOgQ

Quote Originally Posted by beuty View Post
    Has anybody any experience with this clinic, has anybody contact with one af these patient (facebook)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqA28x-bOgQ
    Andrew Beel has a facebook page,
    https://www.facebook.com/missiontowalk/

Some clarifications about NRT and spinal stimulation in general.

It's not surprising that using an rt300 doesn't produce results. The NRT tech requires two simultaneous stimulation frequencies as well as drive currents beyond what the rt300 can do. Depending upon the therapy the NRT tech is also monopolar whereas the rt300 is bipolar. NRT also detects spinal activity signals and adapts.

The biggest impediment to NRT releasing end-user devices today is quite simple. The SCI foundations won't fund for-profit entities and the venture capitalists see the SCI market as too small for significant investment. Basically NRT needs relatively little money to complete an FDA trials prototype but it is stuck in this funding no man's land.

If you are interested in investing please chime in. In the coming weeks I'm going to lead a charge to get signatures telling the better known SCI foundations to follow there intent of their charters and get this tech funded and into the hands of patients ASAP. This could be available in as little as 18 months from funding and has a target device price of $2,500 USD.

I asked NRT about investing and they never got back to me. It would be interesting to know what kind of money we are looking at here.

I think it's hard for them to respond to add such inquiries because they don't have many employees right now.
    NRT is currently trying to raise about $8 million. They'd like to raise that from a smaller number of investors but are open to smaller investors. SEC regulations require investors in such startups to be "qualified" or "accredited," however, which puts additional limits on smaller investors because it requires either a higher income or a significant net worth. If you know of such individuals please let me know.