Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius: A reasonable man?

Oscar Pistorius: A reasonable man?

How does everyone feel about the defence his attornies are suggesting?

He wanted to be normal in the AB Olympics but his defence in this trial will argue that he is not an equal man and is quite vulnerable to someone breaking into his house which is why he fired four shots.

''A reasonable man most probably would not have fired four shots through the door,'' Marius du Toit, a defense attorney and former South Africa state prosecutor not involved in the case, told The Associated Press. ''His actions were definitely not reasonable and I think that's his biggest problem.''

Can't wait to see what forensics comes up with, as to the bullet trajectory ... was he wearing his legs or not?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

everyone know that prosthetics force multiple weapons through doors ...DUH, and he is soooo incapacitated WTF Hang him (oops politically incorrect, but I believe in capitl punishment, barbarian that I am)

Military, not my job to be compassionate or show mercy, just protect innocents and non/combatants and avoid all collateral damage, even at personal risk/harm. And he is no "Innocent"

ket

I was the lone soul at work against capital punishment. I still feel that way. Interesting. Wonder what it is in South Africa? The guns laws there - are there any? lol

One time at work, I was watching TLC's Little People and one of the officers made the remark, "I thought they want to be treated like normal so why do they have a show?"

There seems to be a double standard .. for me too in the way I've lived my life. Was able to live 'normal' forever until too many complications stopped me. I need to think on it more.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

I've known some South Africans. And they look at things a lot different than in the US. They always wonder why we don't have walls/fences around the property. They want to know what kind of guns I have and usually why there isn't one by the front door and why I don't have them near the beds. They are either paranoid or wild west gun slinger attitude. I don't know about Pistorius, if he was nuts or just trigger happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    I've known some South Africans. And they look at things a lot different than in the US. They always wonder why we don't have walls/fences around the property. They want to know what kind of guns I have and usually why there isn't one by the front door and why I don't have them near the beds. They are either paranoid or wild west gun slinger attitude. I don't know about Pistorius, if he was nuts or just trigger happy.
    Were they skydiving South Africans? Ever meet Ned Luker? He jumped around New England for a few years in the "70s, and was a bit crazy.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

All I have ever heard is that the crime rate is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    How does everyone feel about the defence his attornies are suggesting?

He wanted to be normal in the AB Olympics but his defense in this trial will argue that he is not an equal man and is quite vulnerable to someone breaking into his house which is why he fired four shots.
    Didn't his trial start already? From what I saw on Dateline, 48 Hours and 20/20, he did just about everything an AB can do. So, I think the defense attorney is full of it! Maybe he should try temporary insanity instead? By all accounts him and the girlfriend seemed very happy together, so WTF? Reminds me of the OJ BS. He did it, end of story

With this, I'm not sure, but I think he snapped for whatever reason. Maybe his GF said something that triggered it? Who the hell ever thought of an intruder hiding in a bathroom with the door closed?? I don't know of any burglars that break in so they can hang out in the bathroom! Wouldn't you yell "who's there?" "I have a gun and will use it, if you don't come out." And while in front of said door, why didn't he call out to his GF, asking where she was? They fought and he went for the gun.

''A reasonable man most probably would not have fired four shots through the door,'' Marius du Toit, a defense attorney and former South Africa state prosecutor not involved in the case, told The Associated Press. ''His actions were definitely not reasonable and I think that's his biggest problem.''
    Unreasonable is putting it mildly. Like I said above, I would ask person to identify themselves and come out. Not just stand and shoot up the door.

Can't wait to see what forensics comes up with, as to the bullet trajectory ... was he wearing his legs or not?

That will be quite interesting to hear. They can tell so much from height, angle and who knows what else. If they say a person 4 feet tall was the shooter, we'll know he didn't have his legs on.

K9
    Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

He doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

As far as I understand, he has admitted doing the shooting. I believe his claim is defending her. I am not quite sure how he was doing that if she was n other side of the door. Unfortunately, laws are laws. They are not perfect. Some people do get away by properly executing the legal system. In US, you can only be tried 1X for the same thing. So if you get away, you get away.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    He doesn?t have a leg to stand on.
    Roses are red,
    Violets are glorious,
    Don't try to surprise
    Oscar Pistorius.