Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TiLite Camber Bar Question

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    After I upload/attach the photos, I get the URL from the photo by right-clicking on the link and selecting "Copy Shortcut". I then click the "insert image" icon, click "From URL" tab, Uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" checkbox, and paste the shortcut (URL) I copied. I do this for each file. A lot of work. I also remove the [ATTACH]<fileid>[/ATTACH] codes inserted after photos are uploaded.

You might save time by just pasting the image URL between HTML image tags, (e.g. "[IMG]url goes here[/IMG]" minus the quotes), while you're typing the post up. I host all my own images so this is particularly quicker for me, but also could be for uploading/copying shortcut. YMMV.

Thanks for the input. That was definitely easier to do in the previous version....
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Thanks for the input. That was definitely easier to do in the previous version....
    Here are the photos you requested. Let me know if they suffice or I need to take at a different angle, etc.

Attached Images Attached Images     
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

It looks to me that there is definitely an inboard bearing recess, and it looks to be about the same depth as the spacers. I really think that is why it has the spacers.

BTW, is it just the light in the photo's, or are the hubs a dark navy, rather than black?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

BTW, is it just the light in the photo's, or are the hubs a dark navy, rather than black?
    The light is making it appear a different color. It is black like the rest of the wheel.

My AeroZ was made for the Spinergy Wire wheels but I run LX's on it. B/C of the bearing recess I had to add spacers to my camber bar so that the wheels didn't rub after I swapped them. It works for me though b/c I added knobby tires to the wire wheels for off road use (usually grass), so the wider overall width worked out in my favor.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

It looks to me that there is definitely an inboard bearing recess, and it looks to be about the same depth as the spacers. I really think that is why it has the spacers.

I meant to reply to this awhile back.

My original TiLite TR3, that wasn't measured correctly, didn't come with spacers. It had the same wheels. That's why I didn't understand the new chair having them.

I can see why you are perplexed about this. I can't remember your original specs, but did you change the rear wheel spacing on the re-do chair? My guess is not, in which case it is odd that they added spacers when it was not necessary on the first chair due to the hubs.

I really believe the chair should come without spacers as it is measured for. It does not give you much wiggle room if you buy wider tires or something and need to increase it. I don't know the maximum you can go with spacers, but I can imagine there is a point that too much is not good. I would ask your dealer or Tilite about this.

Hope the re-do chair is going better overall for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    I meant to reply to this awhile back.

My original TiLite TR3, that wasn't measured correctly, didn't come with spacers. It had the same wheels. That's why I didn't understand the new chair having them.

Did you happen to order removable side guards and or desk arms with your chair? If you did, that is probably the reason for the spacers. If you did not,please private message us with your serial number and we can take a look at your chair and see if we can figure out why you received it with two spacers. When we design the chairs we take into account the type of rear wheels that are ordered with the chair, however, we cannot always take into account the side guards and desk arms due to some fabrication tolerances. Let's see what we can do to help clarify things for you. Thanks.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Did you happen to order removable side guards and or desk arms with your chair? If you did, that is probably the reason for the spacers. If you did not,please private message us with your serial number and we can take a look at your chair and see if we can figure out why you received it with two spacers. When we design the chairs we take into account the type of rear wheels that are ordered with the chair, however, we cannot always take into account the side guards and desk arms due to some fabrication tolerances. Let's see what we can do to help clarify things for you. Thanks.
    I saw your reply in the other thread. You are correct. I didn't see your response here. I'm about to send you a private message.