Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HATCH GLOVES-No more Tan???

Those look good, comfortable, but I prefer gloves the are at least 3/4 finger. Gives me more protection. Full finger get too hot and you lose dexterity. Still looking for the perfect glove. That said, I might try something I didn't think would work and find out it's really great. A couple things I've learned is not to get anything with a synthetic palm that melts with heat/friction. And, washable gloves are awesome. You can wear them until they wear out and not get too gross to keep. I've never seen gloves at The Abilities Expo which is a shame. I bought a bad pair of gloves from Sportaid once (ordered medium, they said medium, they fit EXTRA large). I know I have to put a pair on to know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    How about these Bionic 1/2 finger gloves?

http://www.amazon.com/Bionic-StableG...=Bionic+gloves

I have been using these gloves for the past few years, they are tan, quite durable and comfortable for me. http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/climbing_glove.html

Those look great. The open fingers would help with dexterity and keeping cooler. I don't know they could be washed, if they could they might be just right. Have you washed them?

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    I have been using these gloves for the past few years, they are tan, quite durable and comfortable for me. http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/climbing_glove.html

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Those look great. The open fingers would help with dexterity and keeping cooler. I don't know they could be washed, if they could they might be just right. Have you washed them?

Grommet, those are all leather so not washable, but they make a synthetic 3/4 finger version (with leather palm). That might be what you are looking for?

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/iron_hand_glove.html
    Last edited by giles88; 03-17-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Thank you so much, those look like they could be a winner. You know your gloves. When I can save up a little I think I will buy a pair of those and try them out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by giles88 View Post
    Grommet, those are all leather so not washable, but they make a synthetic 3/4 finger version (with leather palm). That might be what you are looking for?

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/iron_hand_glove.html

Everyone/everywhere is out of stock including the company website. I tried finding the gloves in summerweight synthetic size large. Nobody has them and one site suggested they stopped being made in 2009 but the Metolius company website still lists them thought they too say they are out of stock. Argh.

Everyone/everywhere is out of stock including the company website. I tried finding the gloves in summerweight synthetic size large. Nobody has them and one site suggested they stopped being made in 2009 but the Metolius company website still lists them thought they too say they are out of stock. Argh.
    That sucks if they quit making them, might of been the perfect glove for you. I have never used the synthetic gloves because I like all leather, but they do get grungy after a while and lose that nice clean feeling/appearance. So, the search for the perfect glove continues lol.

This the email I got from the company:

"We have the Iron Hand Full Finger gloves available in size L. Unfortunately we are out of the
    3/4 finger in that size. Ultimately they will be replaced by the new Grip glove which is now
    available in full finger and we'll have a 3/4 finger version mid summer. Sorry about the spotty
    inventory but the glove biz is ever changing. I do recommend the full finger version as finger
    dexterity is good and durability is excellent. "

My brain doesn't really work right, does this email mean they are saying that they don't have them now but will make them again?

This the email I got from the company:

"We have the Iron Hand Full Finger gloves available in size L. Unfortunately we are out of the
    3/4 finger in that size. Ultimately they will be replaced by the new Grip glove which is now
    available in full finger and we'll have a 3/4 finger version mid summer. Sorry about the spotty
    inventory but the glove biz is ever changing. I do recommend the full finger version as finger
    dexterity is good and durability is excellent. "

My brain doesn't really work right, does this email mean they are saying that they don't have them now but will make them again?
    Sounds like they are discontinuing the "iron hand" version and replacing it with "grip glove", and plan to have the 3/4 grip glove in stock mid summer. Does this new "grip glove" have a leather palm?

Edit- just looked it up, goatskin and cowhide doesn't look very washable http://www.campsaver.com/grip-glove
    Last edited by giles88; 03-19-2014 at 05:37 PM.