Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Manufacturer & Vendor Forum

Welcome to the Manufacturer & Vendor Forum

As many of you know, CareCure has long imposed a policy that manufacturers and vendors are not allowed to advertise or post in the forums. Several years ago, we created a forum called Equipment and Services, which allowed individual members to post equipment, supplies, and services that they want to buy or sell, give away or get. The Equipment and Services forum continued to ban manufacturers and vendors. In recent discussions with CareCure members who work for various manufacturers and vendors, it was clear that they would like an opportunity to discuss their products with our members.

So, we have decided to create this forum as a place where manufacturers and vendors can discuss their products with our members. Manufacturers, vendors, and members can post about their products here and members can ask questions and discuss products here. Please remember that this is an experiment and that people should treat each other with respect. We don't want companies just advertising their wares here. This is a place for our members to discuss and provide feedback to manufacturers and vendors.

If it works, we may decide to create sub-forums for individual manufacturers and vendors.

Blog Entries
    Wise, I think that this is a *great* idea.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

So, we have decided to create this forum as a place where manufacturers and vendors can discuss their products with our members. Manufacturers, vendors, and members can post about their products here and members can ask questions and discuss products here. Please remember that this is an experiment and that people should treat each other with respect. We don't want companies just advertising their wares here. This is a place for our members to discuss and provide feedback to manufacturers and vendors.

If it works, we may decide to create sub-forums for individual manufacturers and vendors.

What a great idea! I'm working on a new chair, so this would be a way to compare and ask questions. Sub-forums, yes, then we could go directly to what we are looking for.
    We have to spread the word so this takes off. Thanks, Wise, and others involved

K9 (julie)
    Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

Hello Dr. Young,

I think this is an excellent endeavor and I do hope it is not abused. I have been trying to find accessories for a Pride Edge chair and haven't able to find anything as of yet.

This is a great idea and I look forward to checking it daily.

Have a great week.

Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I think it's a wonderful idea, too - looks like a great way to gather specific information. Thank you.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    Good thinkin' Wise; an idea long overdue! Wish I'd thought of that! <br>
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I thought this going to really take off. I know there are a ton of manufactures, vendors, reps....where are they? Or do we have to ask about specific things?

My 5 years of being held prisoner in a chair from a box is almost up. Seeing how long others have waited for Medicare/Medicaid to approve things I'm getting a jump start. I'm thinking about Ti, Karmin, and Top End. I've read all the old posts in the equipment forum and found a ton of information. Now I'd like some truthful information. If a certain chair has a problem with something constantly breaking, say so. I don't have the money to keep replacing a manufacture's defect that they give you a hard time about replacing.

Somebody, anybody?

K9

Blog Entries
    How about a PM to the known vendor usernames inviting them to introduce themselves and their products? I can think of one or two that have simply ignored the long standing rules by posting product related/marketing/sales info in the equipment forum, also.

The user names I can think of, off the top of my head, that represent vendors (at least partially) are:

maestro (Elevation/Use Your Instinct)
    TiLite (kind of obvious)
    JeffAdams (Icon)
    patd (Freewheel)
    WheelchairDesigner (Flight...maybe out of business)
    WC_Sage (DME/cushion vendor)
    fuentejps (Bike-On)
    stephen212 (Bike-On)
    Jimbo (Sportaid - although this may be the gentleman who recently passed away)
    ABox (Mike Box wheelchairs)

Who else? Sorry if I got any of those wrong. Working from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    How about a PM to the known vendor usernames inviting them to introduce themselves and their products? I can think of one or two that have simply ignored the long standing rules by posting product related/marketing/sales info in the equipment forum, also.

The user names I can think of, off the top of my head, that represent vendors (at least partially) are:

maestro (Elevation/Use Your Instinct)
    TiLite (kind of obvious)
    JeffAdams (Icon)
    patd (Freewheel)
    WheelchairDesigner (Flight...maybe out of business)
    WC_Sage (DME/cushion vendor)
    fuentejps (Bike-On)
    stephen212 (Bike-On)
    Jimbo (Sportaid - although this may be the gentleman who recently passed away)
    ABox (Mike Box wheelchairs)

Who else? Sorry if I got any of those wrong. Working from memory.

Thank you, Oddity! I recognize most of those. Just haven't been around long enough for them to stay in my memory

Blog Entries
    Add user "Tom Borcherding" to the list. President and CEO of The Roho Group. A very nice guy that posted in many Roho threads.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments