Thread: Bearing Size for Spinergy LX Wheels

Bearing Size for Spinergy LX Wheels

I've had a set of 25" Spinergy LX wheels for about 5 years. I want to replace the bearings. Anyone know the correct bearing size? I contacted Spinergy and they said they could send me bearings "at cost" and they are known as R8 bearings for 1/2" axels. There are a lot of different R8 bearings on line....so anyone know the proper bearing for these wheels? Thanks.

P.S. So glad to see the older (and better) Care/Cure website back!

R8 defines the exact size. Choices beyond that are for material, sealing, and smoothness (ABEC). Unless you expose your wheels to harsh environments (e.g., ocean spray), just basic materials are okay. For sealing I would get seals on at least one side of each bearing, and install the unsealed side inward on the wheels. Regarding smoothness, our wheels turn so slowly (compared to electric motors) that high ABEC is not required.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

If you can get OEM, Original Equipment Manufacturer, do it, unless someone can point you to a known brand and url that is definitely better.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.