Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying wheels from sportaid

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    There were some nice folks at SportAid . . . . I think they (Bike-On) can match prices but if they couldn't I would still stay with them. Owning the right equipment is crucial and Bike-On has helped me get there. Thank you to Sportaid for getting me equipment over the years but thank you Bike-On for going the extra step and helping me get the right equipment.
    My time in a chair is short, but I've bought from both, and grommet said it well.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Why sportaid?

Information within the CC Equipment forum plus some sound Sportaid advice and competitive price-matching put me in my first chair, a perfect-fit ZR two years back.

Not the easiest thing to fit right into cold turkey.

Like Bike-On sez, they probably would have worked out well too.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    Why sportaid?
    Because Sportaid has great prices and excellent customer service before and after the sale. My last chair was considered a prototype by Tilite, 3 wheels, totally unconventional, and if not for the excellent customer service at Sportaid, the whole ordering/build process wouldn't of been so easy.

I use them both, sometimes I don't want to talk to anyone and just order something I just use sportaid, for example a new cushion cover. For something that needs a personal touch I use bikeon because it is nice to have someone from CC on the job. Which was nice having Stephen help me with my ZX1.

I'm not trying to be a gossipmonger‎, but I'm wondering if anyone knows something I have heard about Jimbo having left Sportaid? We have had some very complicated orders (technical and administrative) through Jimbo the last couple of years. He has always been knowledgeable and helpful and it all managed to somehow workout without any problems.

From what I have heard, I think Bike-on can also provide this level of service, and we have had plans to try them also. Although I am sure there are others at Sportaid that can help us also, I think that if Bike-on can handle the administrative and international issues, we will probably try them sooner rather than later if the rumour I hear is correct.
    Last edited by elarson; 02-26-2014 at 07:26 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I've used Sportaid for many years and I can honestly say that their customer service is not what it use to be. Bike-on is who I'd deal with when it comes to wheelchair needs because they are in chairs and know the ropes! John (CC member fuentejps) at Bike-on help me when Sportaid said they couldn't.
    Last edited by stumpybushman; 02-26-2014 at 09:20 PM.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

There is another wheelchair-user-owned business for wheels and other such items.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    There is another wheelchair-user-owned business for wheels and other such items.
    Do you mean these folks? http://www.indemedical.com/
    Nick at Indemedical has been super easy to work with and help me order difficult parts when I was restoring what was a basket case A4. Being a long time SCI he too understands the issues and limitations.

Stephen at Bike-on was very diligent working through getting new parts for my three wheel Quickie Shadow modification. Easier said than done because I wanted Tilite parts. And I think he came through with unbeatable prices.

Sportaid represents convenience and a nice web page. It's easy to just call them and order.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    I think WC_Sage may have been referring to http://www.wheelchaircushionsage.com
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Does Wheelchair Cushion Sage take international orders? I can't seem to find that info on the site. Well, I couldn't yesterday. Right now the site appears to be down and I can't find anything there.