Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying wheels from sportaid

we do qtipi
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

QTiPi,

Regarding "Does Wheelchair Cushion Sage take international orders?" - yes.

However, please note that some manufacturers do not allow its authorized USA-based dealers to sell to customers outside of the USA. For example; Jay and Vicair brand cushions may not be sold by authorized USA-based resellers to international customers in countries wherein the associated manufacturer has a dealer presence. The manufacturers' intent is to protect the dealer networks in said countries.

Of course, there are dealers who do not honor the manufacturers' dealer requirements in this matter. The referenced manufacturers; for example, cannot easily police the practice of receiving ordered items into a dealer's own facility whereupon the order is then forwarded to an international address – this practice is likewise prohibited by the referenced manufacturers.

Some manufacturers (e.g., Out-Front, Spinergy, D‘s Locks) use a different business model in which its authorized dealers are allowed to sell to customers in any location.

Wheelchair Cushion Sage services international orders as determined by the manufacturers' respective policies.

Jimbo has retired from Sportaid. He worked here for over 15 years and after a couple shoulder surgeries, he thought it was time to give his shoulders a break. Although we miss him and the expertise he brought, we have customer service folks that have been here 15+ years and learned from him and Jimmy. We are excited to have Chris Peterson joining us - so always looking forward and excited about where Sportaid and Jimmy's legacy is leading us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy's Wife View Post
    Jimbo has retired from Sportaid...
    Thanks for your post Stacy. And please accept my condolences for your loss of Jimmy.

I'm disappointed to hear about Jimbo leaving, but I can certainly understand about his shoulder problems. If it is possible, would you mind sending me a PM with an e-mail that I can reach him at to thank him for all the help he provided us?

About the future, I think that many of us international people worked with Jimbo almost exclusively. Will you have a specific point of contact that we can make when placing orders to review any special international requirements? I order a lot internationally, and no matter how much an organization tries to have everyone knowledgeable about the international issues involved, it usually has worked out that only a few can, and it would be good to know who they are in advance.

P.S. Welcome on board Chris Peterson!
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Sportaid will give you a 120% price match!!

I second the bike-on comments! I was an exclusive sportaid cliemt for 4 years, but gladly switched to bike on for all my needs: better advice, better service, and price matching... So win win win
    even item that are not on their website are available.
    my hand bike would not be half as well customized as it is today without their expert advice. So go for it. Support them!

I've been a fan of SportAid for years and have always received outstanding customer service. They're 120% price match makes them a no brainer.
    I just looked at the Bike-on site and it's horrible IMO. It's poorly laid out and most of the images are missing.

Quote Originally Posted by rshadd View Post
    I just looked at the Bike-on site and it's horrible IMO. It's poorly laid out and most of the images are missing.
    Agreed, Bike-On's site is inadequate. However, the Sportaid site also leaves a great deal to be desired, IMHO. Both outfits seem to assume that if someone has questions they'll pick up the phone, which is a problem for us international customers what with the expense and the madness of time-zones. However, I would definitely rather that limited employee-hours go to great customer service than improving websites, if that's the issue.

I'm currently awaiting my first-ever order from Bike-On, an item they don't carry or mention on their site which they've ordered in for me. I was impressed with the blistering speed of their responses to my questions, but I'll withhold further praise until I actually receive my item. :-)

I'm trying to get a new ZRA here, and would want a different set of wheels for it. I have red spokes now, and am wanting the green accents on the chair, so probably black spokes. I have two other old pairs in the garage, but one is Spox, and the other has a black hub, kind of beat up, and red spokes on that one. I wonder if I tried to sell both old ones, if that might get enough to help towards new ones. You don't see used ones often, do you?

Sportaid seems bad at responding to emails in my experience.