Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hands down the coolest chair I've ever seen...and I want it.

Hands down the coolest chair I've ever seen...and I want it.

How does one go about getting this in the U.S. OMG, and has anyone ever seen or tried it? This is like a lamborgini. Ive always been embarrassed in my chair, but honestly, if I had this....I don't think I would. I would get rid of the orange and make it black tho. http://www.carbonblacksystem.com/ I want this chair so effin bad.

It does look ill. I bet they cost a pretty penny (especially because they don't list the price anywhere on the website). If anybody's rolling around in one let us know (because I'm really interested if you cracked the frame or wheels or other CF parts).

Also 28" wheels! Can I get just a pair of those?

Just found a link to a video from their website 6 to 8,000 pounds. That's $10,000 to $13,500 if we assume no extra costs for getting it overseas... A pretty penny indeed.

Blog Entries
    Just started delivery a week or so ago. Claims are the 28" are more efficient and navigate bumps better. The latter is true, not so sure about the former. No definition for "efficient" provided. On what measure? Looks very much like the old Marvel M1, in design aesthetic. Interesting, but not my personal cuppa'. I'm not clear what issues with other designs this chair addresses or how it fulfills the makers goals/claims it "revolutionizes" the users experience of a chair. Not going to spark a revolution with a $12,000 price tag, IMHO. Well, at least not the kind the maker would want!

seriously even just the wheels would make me happy.

my second fav chair would probably be the Marvel or

but look at the difference between the 2, its no contest, the carbon is far superior. looking like a wheelchair Gallardo.

wow, love it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I own a blue Marvel. It really is a neat look. Floating seat pan, caster wing, single post back rest, lots of carbon fiber, plus the functionality of air suspension. I like the similar look of the Carbon Black, but am fumbling on the marketing hype about how this chair will "empower" it's user in "revolutionary ways". It looks hot, no doubt. I guess my ambivalence boils down to simply not believing the wheelchair world has been suffering for a lack of "Formula One" manufacturing techniques and materials. Seems like an awful lot of money towards solving a problem that doesn't really exist. I don't need to shave a tenth of a second off my transfer time in order to win a million dollar race. But, it is pretty. "Sho 'nuff", said Shogun.

I agree. The only revolutionary thing about it, is its minimalistic carbon frame and those LED lights in the front. I assume the wheels are 'special' since they're huge but SUPER light. I would assume the chair is soooooo easy to maneuver. but other that, usage wise, its nothing special. I just like the look. honestly it doesnt even look like youre in a chair in a way. I dont know what it is, maybe its the wheel? but its as if youre sitting in a high fashion Givenchy office chair which so happens to have big wheels on the side.
    even my friends out here in LA are like "dude...honestly....that shit is so sick I want to roll in that and I dont even need a wheelchair" lol.

to bad its 10 Gs.

I dunno tho...Im seriously tempted to save for it. I dunnooooooo

get rid of the LED lights in the front, and swap the orange for black, and you've got yourself a batwheelchairmobile. So stealthy, elegant, gorgeous. I'd be afraid someone would try to steal it from me.

seriously chairs need to evolve. Im tired of the same 4 brands and the same looking chair since the 2000 which the exception of material change and one bar remove here and there. we need fresh new designs.