Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New catheter.

New catheter.

http://poiesismedical.com/

I saw this on the internet and thought i should post it.

yes I have heard of the duette. I had a nurse colleague who had a urological surgery and was given a different type of the duette catheter post-op

I appreciate the website connection to gather more information

pbr

Duette catheter

Hi,
    Anyone who use Duette catheter? Someone suggested me to use it. Apparently better than Foley Catheter.
    Please share your experience with that new product.

Here's the URL : http://www.poiesismedical.com/products/duette/
    The video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dB2RnUI64g
    thanks

Steve were you able to try one of these? I don't see how we can access them in Canada.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Steve were you able to try one of these? I don't see how we can access them in Canada.
    Did you try contacting Poiesis? They will send free samples in the US. Contact Charlene Johnson to ask about samples and availability in Canada.

For Distributor and Supplier Information please contact Charlene Johnson, Director of Marketing & Sales at 561-842-7560 x(504) or by email to charlene@poiesismedical.com.

Another contact, if she doesn't respond, is Greg Wilta, greg@poiesismedical.com.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 07-31-2015 at 07:40 PM.

ducette

question

thank you for info now how many have switch and found less clogging or none

tks

Hi,

I recently contacted the company and they were happy to send a few samples. Unfortunately my nurses are unfamiliar with them and are reluctant to use them as they've "never been trained." Unsure of how to get around the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
    Hi,

I recently contacted the company and they were happy to send a few samples. Unfortunately my nurses are unfamiliar with them and are reluctant to use them as they've "never been trained." Unsure of how to get around the issue.
    They are easy to do. Change it like a regular catheter. 10cc into the red one and 5cc in the black.

Yes, the Duette catheters are placed just like any other foley style catheter in the supra pubic stoma. That said, we have had our difficulties with insertion of Duette catheters.
    --After some trial and error, we have found that it helps to know in which direction your supra pubic puncture or incision was made. In my case, the puncture is not straight down. Rather my stoma channel runs toward the pubic bone, so holding the catheter at an angle rather than perpendicular to the stoma has helped greatly. For whatever reason, NL didn't have the same problem when I was using a Bardex latex catheter. NL is also using a stylet to make the catheter more rigid and less likely to double over at the tip.
    --NL also feels that the all silicone catheter doesn't "hold" the lubricant as well as latex, so the Duette catheter may be a little "dryer" when you get to insertion.

All went well at my August 1 change and I think we've mastered the problems we encountered, but there can be a little bit of a learning curve, especially if you've never used all silicone catheters before.

When I called my supplier (Edgepark) to ask if they could provide the Duette catheter, they told me they could, but Medicare will not cover a silicone indwelling catheter (including Duettes) unless there is a known allergy to latex indwelling catheters, documented by a physician. I don't know if private insurance companies follow Medicare on this point.

All the best,
    GJ