Thread: Tired of having bowel accident

Tired of having bowel accident

Before I NEVER had any problem. I used to take laxative at 7 pm and have my morning routine (suppository) at 7-10 am M-W-F. Now that I started working I had to switch my bathroom schedule to the evenings. I keep having an accident Im tired of taking time off..please tell me what to do?? I take my laxative at 9 ( I tried diff hour) . Should i just stop the laxative & rely on suppository only?

For 33 years I have taken 2 senakot around 1100 AM on Wed and Sun morning and do my bowel program with a fleet bisicoyd enema at 6 or 7 in the evening while drinking a hot mug of hot red tea. I drink plenty of water, eat vegetables and limit carbs, especially potatoes. Don't want to jinx it but I work full time and haven't had a problem in at least 15 years. Before someone criticizes the twice a week issue, senakot issue or something else, it works for me and it produces an acceptable quality of life. I've been a member here for a while and I've seen a lot of threads on this subject and it is the most difficult aspect to master. I want to congratulate you on your job, and your initiative, and I hope you figure this out. There is nothing more frustrating than trying to fit into the workforce and then having to deal with things that are beyond our control.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

What kind of laxative are you taking and how much? Switching to evenings gives you a full day of moving around/exercise so probably helps speed things up on its own versus going after a night of doing nothing. I'd cut down the amount of laxative or change to a softner only and then the suppository for your program.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I could never get the evening thing to work. I know it sucks but you might try just getting up early (I get up at 4:30am) and get your BP done before you go to work.

Morning routine has always worked better for me too.

Enemeez works great! Have not had an accident in over 2 years.
    Enemeez? and Enemeez? Plus | Setting the standard in bowel care

sorry about the disruption to your schedule

It is tough to make the switch from morning to evening. You should take your laxative the same number of hours before the evening bowel program as you did the morning program. The problem may be gas during the day. You should still eat a small meal prior to administering the suppository or mini enema. the gastrocolic reflex will help with that.

To make the switch to evenings it will take awhile to get your body used to the new schedule.

The previous suggestions recommend getting up earlier. It is your choice. It is hard to get up that early to get it all done before your work day starts, but it may be worth it to have peace of mind.

good luck

pbr

I do the same routine as t8burst every other day.
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3