Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Down Lately.. Maybe Buying New Pet...

what a nice big fish tank and really nice plants. the place is nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    If you are going to get a cat or dog, please get a rescue or pound animal. There are lots of animals that need a loving home.

(KLD)

I have to agree with KLD. These animals are super dedicated and are worth all the trouble. Our two dogs recently had a 4:00 AM intruder up against the wall waiting for the Police to arrive.

Good luck and enjoy!!!
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

wow, sounds like a story to tell. My dog is sleeping in a crate for now, but I'm looking forward to his being reliable enough to be out.

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    Sounds like you need a mammal. A cat is very little maintenance; a dog is lots of maintenance. I have both but only my dog can pull me in my wheelchair. It is hard to have a down day when your dog puts her head in your lap and looks up with that "isn't it time for a run" look. We go out for runs of 3 to 5 miles. We go out every day or two. I believe it is very therapeutic to train and bond with a dog and get out into the open air. When you have a dog, you also have a purpose. Like I like to say about my dog, "she needs me to take her out, and I need her to take me around - win/win".

Check out my Facebook page "Wheelchair Mushing" if you are interested.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Banned
    Oh my gosh! You have a fish aquarium...! I was maybe thinking about doing a fish aquarium. Are they a lot of work? What kind of fish might be cool to get? maybe some pet piranhas ahhaha jk

Name:  piranha-fish.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  73.6 KBimage source: piranhafish.com

How much work does a fish tank need?

Can a person walk into an animal shelter and just basically choose a new cat to take home? (sorry if stupid question)
    Last edited by cwebbatya; 02-17-2014 at 01:46 AM. Reason: added
    "God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things, right now i am so far behind i will never die"

If an aquarium interests you, I advise to start small-10gallon or less-and see how out works for you. The outlay and commitment is small. Before doing anything, get on the net and check out some planted tank sites like http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/
    Explore the different levels of complexity and decide where you want to be. I suggest KISS! (keep it simple) My small tank (29g) is very simple. Every 2 weeks I dump in a little FloraPride; every day I feed the fish; I just cleaned the filter for the first time since starting the tank July 2011! I find keeping a tank with growing/live plants as well as fish very soothing and relaxing. I sometimes spend an hour dicking around with my long tweezers and scissors, keeping my garden good. I will see if I can post a picture of rye small one.

PS: most shelters will vett adopters; they will want to know that you are earnest and able to care for your pet. They may also have an obligatory adoption "donation". And, no, when I adopted (dog), I didn't just walk in! In fact, the driveway was pretty steep and there was a step

I need coaching with photos! Most times, my iPhone's files are too large and I can't figure out how to make them small. I hoopoe one of the links below will work!

Phils-240-1-of-1.jpg

Phil?s 29g tank