Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how to embed single photo in post

how to embed single photo in post

Could someone kindly tell me how to do this in the new system? I uploaded a photo but only got a link, rather than embedding it to be visible in the post. Thanks ahead of time?.
    arndog.

Did you use the "quick reply" feature or Advanced? I believe you have to use the Advance feature to post photos.

Testing here with a photo of Sid Caesar who passed away today:
    Name:  B9ET000Z.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  32.6 KB

(KLD)

Thanks for helping KLD. I did go to advanced but ended up with this?. The image appears on my 'preview post' but when it is posted ends up as a link.

Attachment 54385

4. 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
    Reason
    hf

Your attachment doesn't work. I will try to post a screen shot of the failure:
    I will use the "attach image" screen from the menu in the upper left of the posting window
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-02-13 at 10.40.00 AM.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  14.6 KB

Now I'll try attaching the screenshot using the go "advanced" pathway. I will also try attaching a picture.

whoops! I don't know how it posted without uploading; probably my mistake, so I'm doing it again. I was able to load the screenshot and get it into the que at bottom of uploader, ready for posting. Then I uploaded a photo into the upper/right, import area and was unable to get it to go into the main body of the uploader. Let's see what my result is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

very weird! I uploaded a screenshot into post #4, and it was in the post as an image.
    When I finished doing the above post, it was gone but (for now at least) is present in post #6. This may be because it won't let you post duplicate images?

Now I'll try posting the image that wouldn't load in #6 using "go advanced" circuit:

the same photo file wouldn't go through the upper/right uploader; it entered the box with an "!" in red next to the file size of 255mB, but left/right clicking on icons never showed a prohibition for file size, or a way to edit it.
    I loaded a picture of an elevator that is a 60.1kB file, and another that is 289.0kB.
    Let's see what happens:

the 2 pictures didn't load directly into the post, but show as attachments that I can access. Are others able to view #8 post attachments?
    I am going to do "go advanced" and see what happens if i do a single picture:

What just happened:
    #4: Posted a screenshot from upper left menu in posting window; screenshot (which is what I see when clicking on "attachment 54385" on post #3) and it appears as a screenshot in my post.
    #6: Posted a screenshot by selecting "go advanced" and uploading in upper/right corner of uploader; tried adding a photo which was 255mB but it wouldn't move out of RU corner downloader so I deleted it and posted; screenshot appears in post; then I see that in #4, screenshot is replaced by highlighted link: "screen shot 2014 02 13 at 10:40.00 jpg" which take ME to the screenshot
    #8: went through "go advanced"; still wouldn't load the 255mB file so deleted it from loader; uploaded 2 smaller (60.1 & 289kB) files and posted; files didn't show as photos but as links which work for ME.
    #9: went through "go advanced" with a single file (same as first one in #8) and it posted as a photo to ME

One insane thing that was happening in vB5 was that things people thought was successfully posted showed up on their machines but wasn't seen by anyone else!! Post #3 is like that for me: arndog's "attachment 54385" takes me to the screenshot I posted, not what he posted.
    This is a form of torture and source of insanity when I show you something that on my end is showing, but you can't see.
    If folks would let me know that where ME saw something, you see it as I described it.
    At this point I don't know what is real and what is cypher-fantasy!!