Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Large animal trial for Chondroitinase is underway

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Noted...but is what I said the next step? Do you happen to know? Much appropriated
    No, that isn't the next step because the animal trial is blinded to the both the administrators and participants. Nobody will know who actually got the treatment or placebo until the study is un-blinded and data gathered at the very end.

Here's a good video to learn more about this Chondroitinase dog trial. LINK

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    No, that isn't the next step because the animal trial is blinded to the both the administrators and participants. Nobody will know who actually got the treatment or placebo until the study is un-blinded and data gathered at the very end.
    I know, based on some of the videos I have seen, I am Assuming it worked. Some dogs are still wonky and in other videos, some dogs back legs are moving nicer...when does this trial end and get published?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

...when does this trial end and get published?
    When they have the therapy completed on the 60th dog (6 months after enrollment) the data all analyzed and the team has time to write a paper up. A journal will then accept or deny. If (and when) the paper is accepted for publication (usually after a few revisions and peer review with clarifications) then a date will be set in the future when the editor wants it published (usually behind the other previously accepted papers). Nobody can predict such dates and activities with any accuracy. There are way too many variables to even take a wild guess.

As of now they have just enrolled dog 48 so they have about a dozen yet to treat...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-12-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    When they have the therapy completed on the 60th dog (6 months after enrollment) the data all analyzed and the team has time to write a paper up. A journal will then accept or deny. If (and when) the paper is accepted for publication (usually after a few revisions and peer review with clarifications) then a date will be set in the future when the editor wants it published (usually behind the other previously accepted papers). Nobody can predict such dates and activities with any accuracy. There are way too many variables to even take a wild guess.
    Ok
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Ok
    Exactly. The team should find time.

I gained weight during the holidays... Am I now eligible for the large animal studies?

Just kidding, but it would be nice to have a taste of those results just the same, had to add humor cuz for now it just teases the crap out of me... hopefully it gets closer for humans in a short time frame...
    Last edited by Moe; 01-08-2016 at 11:15 AM.

The final dog of 60 has been admitted to the trial. Her name is Gracie and she's from the Huskers Home Dachshund Rescue along with Daisy, Hannah and Bobo also from the rescue. What a way to end a trial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 04-01-2016 at 10:01 PM.

Yay Huskers! Hope it's a successful trial....

Any weiners re-erected yet?