Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 114

Thread: Large animal trial for Chondroitinase is underway

  1. #91
    Senior Member khmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    I second that.
    I found them by Googling the following: Clinical Trial for Paralyzed Dogs facebook

  2. #92
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,381
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  3. #93
    I think they are trying to put before and after videos. The facebook page does not show before and after.

  4. #94
    Would this animal trial be enough to get FDA approval for phase 1?

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,596
    The results of this study are pretty darned important. Too important to force people to wait months for publication. Every week people decide to take crazy risks with unregulated procedures in China or Thailand it of desperation. A promising result here would do wonders for hope in the SCI community.

  6. #96
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    The results of this study are pretty darned important. Too important to force people to wait months for publication. Every week people decide to take crazy risks with unregulated procedures in China or Thailand it of desperation. A promising result here would do wonders for hope in the SCI community.
    Mize, Apparently the fda doesn't think that these results are 'too important to force people to wait for months for publication"...and it's a sad truth

    Unless ...is there any way for us all to 'Bang on the FDAs door' through the net and would it make a difference?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,596
    Typically the best way to get pre publication info on a trial is by talking to one of the subjects. I wonder if any of the dog owners can be reached?

    One thing I noted from the videos is that many of the dogs had some hind leg usage, though there was at least one who appeared to have none. I couldn't find a second video of the dog with no use.

  8. #98
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Typically the best way to get pre publication info on a trial is by talking to one of the subjects. I wonder if any of the dog owners can be reached?

    One thing I noted from the videos is that many of the dogs had some hind leg usage, though there was at least one who appeared to have none. I couldn't find a second video of the dog with no use.
    You gotta take into consideration that some of those dogs were in the control group...that facebook page actually doesn't let on much yet...unless you speculate...

    All could barely walk before the treatment, now some can walk and some still can't (thats Assumingly the control group)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  9. #99
    Senior Member tarheelandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    546
    Blog Entries
    2
    QUOTE=scimike;1808578]I think they are trying to put before and after videos. The facebook page does not show before and after.[/QUOTE]
    True. I've been following them on FB and I've never noticed a before and after

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelandy View Post
    QUOTE=scimike;1808578]I think they are trying to put before and after videos. The facebook page does not show before and after.
    True. I've been following them on FB and I've never noticed a before and after[/QUOTE]

    Grammy was trying to do that but she was not able to do it. I think Jim is trying to help without compromising security.

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Nogo on the go: from animal models to a clinical trial.
    By wildwilly in forum SCI (Animal) Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 04:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 10:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •