Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: Large animal trial for Chondroitinase is underway

  1. #51
    Senior Member ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth West Australia
    Posts
    1,507
    Im not going to indulge in long drawn out arguements over the meaning of the word " cure" or your interpretation of particular abstracts, the facts remain the same. Despite which, I posted the link to show we have known about the potential benefits of chondroitinase for nearly 20 years with researchers money still being spent on clinical trials for rodents. we definitley arent going to find out if it works by arguing about the scientific abstracts on the internet, theres only 1 way we are ever going to know, trial on humans. Plenty of volunteers. We do not need multiple animal trials on any potential therapy, if it works on rodents move onto humans. No need for multiple animal trails for the same therapy. Enough with the rats. Regardless, the fact that you admit that you couldnt be bothered to read the link I posted despite your urge to refute what I did post tells me one thing, you are part of the problem, not the answer.

  2. #52
    Senior Member ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth West Australia
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsonite View Post
    In closing, I'd like to point out that Liz Bradbury, one of the authors on the paper you posted a link to, works for Spinal Research in the UK and has a strain of ch'ase ready to go for human trials. Do you know why she hasn't started the trial yet? The UK regulatory agencies WON'T LET HER until the results from the dog trial that this thread is about are published! She literally has her hands tied by the LAW. Were this trial not happening, she wouldn't be able to have her ch'ase at the ready. I'm sure you already knew that though, because if I'm so new to all this, then Liz Bradbury's plans must be common knowledge.
    So if there werent dog trials which we didnt need anyway then she could have been going to human trials? Thanks, just proved my point, multiple trials over 2 decades on animals all showing the same thing. Should have moved to humans 15 years ago. Whats the bet Liz never completes her trials?

  3. #53
    Senior Member ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Perth West Australia
    Posts
    1,507
    I will tell you why chondroitinase will never be brought to effective human use in the West, it cannot be copyrighted, no one can own the rights. Its a naturally occurring protein in the human body and freely available in the marketplace.. Our only hope is China in my opinion.

  4. #54
    What I posted is not my own interpretation of the abstract. What I posted is information directly from (or not contained in) the full paper. You may have posted that paper because it shows some potential benefit of ch'ase, yet what is contained in that paper doesn't justify the risk or expense of doing a clinical trial on humans - that fact remains the same. I didn't say I "couldn't be bothered" to read what you posted, I said I didn't have the time - I wasn't going to bother reading an abstract when I knew I could access the full paper when I got to work, which I did today. The fact that you are not taking the time to address anything I said about what the paper actually contains shows you certainly aren't going to be part of the solution. If you are not willing to think critically about what you say and instead choose to be motivated completely by anger, and can't even give me a well-articulated response, then good luck having anyone else take you seriously. Let me know how advancing human trials goes in Australia. Have you been contacting researchers and the relevant government agencies directly to let them know your concerns?

    I'm glad you know that I'm part of the problem...would you like to tell everyone my name, field of study, and chosen profession in order to prove this? You have a knack for knowing everything, it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    So if there werent dog trials which we didnt need anyway then she could have been going to human trials? Thanks, just proved my point, multiple trials over 2 decades on animals all showing the same thing. Should have moved to humans 15 years ago. Whats the bet Liz never completes her trials?
    Your logic is baffling. Where did I say that she would have been able to move to humans without this dog trial? Where could you possibly have gotten that from? The only way it could be arranged for Liz Bradbury to get the go ahead with human trials pending the results of the dog trial is that she tried in the first place. The UK's or EU's equivalent of the FDA (forgive me for not knowing the name) wanted more evidence of efficacy for ch'ase. Thus, they said if the dog trials go well, she can do her human trial. Is that really that hard to understand?

    If you want to know more about Liz Bradbury's timeline and planned trials, do something useful and contact her about it. I've got no further information for you.

  5. #55
    Oscar Madison from NYC put this post in the Chrondroitinase Clinical Trial page on Facebook today...

    YAY!!!! Oscar turned both of his back paws forward while standing on his own!!! This is huge he used to always have his back right paw folded- like how monkeys ...walk on their front knuckles- his back right paw used to stay folded back like that. While I express him I try to get him to stand properly and position his one back paw correctly but on his own it would fold BUT TODAY IT WENT FORWARD on its OWN! I don't have a pic because this was just as I was expressing him in the bathroom but OMG this is wonderful he stands properly now both back paws faced the right way and this happens naturally now- the next thing to work on is getting those muscles to start taking those steps forward in the walking motion!!! Clinical Trial for Paralyzed Dogs THANK YOU I see gradual improvements in him all the time small but steady improvements!!!

  6. #56
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Oscar Madison from NYC put this post in the Chrondroitinase Clinical Trial page on Facebook today...

    YAY!!!! Oscar turned both of his back paws forward while standing on his own!!! This is huge he used to always have his back right paw folded- like how monkeys ...walk on their front knuckles- his back right paw used to stay folded back like that. While I express him I try to get him to stand properly and position his one back paw correctly but on his own it would fold BUT TODAY IT WENT FORWARD on its OWN! I don't have a pic because this was just as I was expressing him in the bathroom but OMG this is wonderful he stands properly now both back paws faced the right way and this happens naturally now- the next thing to work on is getting those muscles to start taking those steps forward in the walking motion!!! Clinical Trial for Paralyzed Dogs THANK YOU I see gradual improvements in him all the time small but steady improvements!!!

    Exciting, has a test been done or scheduled to see if part of the Spinal cord has reconnected? Forgive me. Is that what they do next?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Exciting, has a test been done or scheduled to see if part of the Spinal cord has reconnected? Forgive me. Is that what they do next?
    The post appeared just a few hours ago. Oscar Madison is from New York City (NYC) and the Chondroitinase trial is being conducted in Ames Iowa. No, Oscar was not rushed into a clinic for tests. (There's probably nobody answering the phones for scheduling appointments since today is Sunday).

  8. #58
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The post appeared just a few hours ago. Oscar Madison is from New York City (NYC) and the Chondroitinase trial is being conducted in Ames Iowa. No, Oscar was not rushed into a clinic for tests. (There's probably nobody answering the phones for scheduling appointments since today is Sunday).
    Darn, I feel like I am the only person that doesn't like weekends (in my world of needing doctors, labs, news updates and stuff, nothing really happens on the weekends)
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Darn, I feel like I am the only person that doesn't like weekends (in my world of needing doctors, labs, news updates and stuff, nothing really happens on the weekends)
    I hate weekends myself, it's like the whole world stops. Even holidays, I'm really glad all this Christmas s... is gone. Back to business

  10. #60
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    The post appeared just a few hours ago. Oscar Madison is from New York City (NYC) and the Chondroitinase trial is being conducted in Ames Iowa. No, Oscar was not rushed into a clinic for tests. (There's probably nobody answering the phones for scheduling appointments since today is Sunday).
    Noted...but is what I said the next step? Do you happen to know? Much appropriated
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Similar Threads

  1. Anti-Nogo on the go: from animal models to a clinical trial.
    By wildwilly in forum SCI (Animal) Research
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2010, 04:46 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 03:50 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 10:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •