Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airplanes! View them worldwide...

Airplanes! View them worldwide...

I came across this a couple of days ago and found it fascinating. I put it on another forum but thought I'd share it here also.
    Millard

ABSOLUTELY FASCINATING! ENJOY!!!

This is absolutely real time.

Have you ever wondered where that plane flying over head is going and What type of aircraft? Every day you see planes in the sky, sometimes very high, with or without con-trails. We often ask ourselves these Questions: What type of plane, Airbus A320,330, Boeing 727, 747 or Some other manufacturer.

Where did it come from, where is it going, what altitude, what speed, What airline, etc.. Well, now you can see all this information Instantly on your laptop screen. I just watched the plane whose vapor Trail I could see over head, on my laptop, and was blown away by all The information and also the view. You are also going to be totally blown away when you see how many Aircraft are flying in your area. I can now see why an air traffic
    Controller is one very, very busy person.

Here is a note to help you get more out of your visit to this site. These are all the aircraft in the air right now. In the left hand Column, there is a box called "planes". The number in the box is the Number of aircraft airborne. This view is what the various airport air Traffic management people see for planning purposes. Some additional tricks:

Drag the map to take you to the area you want to view. To view your region or town, you can zoom in by tapping with your Mouse. On the map you will see all the planes in the air. When you Click on a airplane, on the left screen you will get all the Information related to; airline, plane type, air speed, altitude in Real time that is re-calculated every 10 seconds. On some you can also Click on view from the cockpit.

IT WORKS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

www.flightradar24.com/
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

wow, that's crazy

Awesome ! Thanks for sharing !
    trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met

Wow, that is amazing! I love airplanes and it's a real treat to have that above-birds-eye view of them!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

WOW!! i am putting this on my phone,,,, The good side of Tech

There is one for boats too.

Dammit Millard. This is not helping my internet ADD.

That's cool... I live close to the airport and can track the planes flying in and out... if only I were on one headed out.

Another option

http://flightaware.com/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Good find. I tried one of the other ones a couple months ago to take some pics of the plane a friend was coming in on (I live under a bridge near the airport), and found it had a significant delay, causing me to miss the pic. This one says 'live' vs. delayed FAA data... and it seems true. I can hear an airplane when there's one on the map near me . Gotta check it a bit better during the day sometime. Thanks for the link!