Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHECK OUT THIS RECENT QUAD ELITE RX handcycle

CHECK OUT THIS RECENT QUAD ELITE RX handcycle

I'll tell you what we just keep moving forward not only with function on our quad bikes but with style too.
    This is a 2014 Quad Elite RX level 1 & 2, with matching spinergy rear wheels and Bionx power assist system. This was built up for a C5-6 Quad.

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Heres link to all Quad Elite vids. How to, training, getting in/out of the bike etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/fuentejps/videos
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

keep getting it done buds!

I want one with power assist! I know you'll be disappointed but I never could get the shifters right on mine. It's just not that fun when as a c6 quad I have to stay in the middle gears the whole time. But I need to do it because my cycling event is in April, 24-26th. Ugh

I really is a matter of getting stronger Rach. the cassette shift is super easy when setup right. did you try to build up by doing some nice flat miles like we had talked? I know you can do it!! I'd be happy to work on it again with you and chris.
    I can build up a bionix setup for your bike then have mounted down there but honestly, i'd like to see you sell it and let me build you one from scratch. what you have is 1st gen. the quad elite is an entire different bike now.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 03-01-2014 at 04:08 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    I really is a matter of getting stronger Rach. the cassette shift is super easy when setup right. did you try to build up by doing some nice flat miles like we had talked? I know you can do it!! I'd be happy to work on it again with you and chris.
    I can build up a bionix setup for your bike then have mounted down there but honestly, i'd like to see you sell it and let me build you one from scratch. what you have is 1st gen. the quad elite is an entire different bike now.

id looove that. I wonder how much I'd get it hasn't been ridden much.

For myself, I'd go with the Elite without the Bionix and use Mark Brertons Roadrace Powerpod for auxillary power. That way you'd have a manual bike with a terrific front wheel with the option of attaching the Powerpod. The PP is half the money as a Bionix and twice the power, especially with the added battery.

The Bionix pulls you while the Powerpod pushes, big difference especially on softer roads or going up hills. If you wanted to cycle manually, you'd still have the added weight of the Bionix on the front wheel. IMO it'd be inefficient for a person who wanted to do both. PP takes about 15 seconds to unhitch and you're in that lightweight Elite RX. That bike just gets better and better John.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For myself, I'd go with the Elite without the Bionix and use Mark Brertons Roadrace Powerpod for auxillary power. That way you'd have a manual bike with a terrific front wheel with the option of attaching the Powerpod. The PP is half the money as a Bionix and twice the power, especially with the added battery.

The Bionix pulls you while the Powerpod pushes, big difference especially on softer roads or going up hills. If you wanted to cycle manually, you'd still have the added weight of the Bionix on the front wheel. IMO it'd be inefficient for a person who wanted to do both. PP takes about 15 seconds to unhitch and you're in that lightweight Elite RX. That bike just gets better and better John.
    We have tried both and for this application the bionx seems to be a better fit. Everyone is different thou, the Powerpod is slick.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

heres a Quad Elite RX level 1 & 2 for a friend in Colorado, a C5 quad

and another for a C6 in NY Quad Elite level 1 & 2 RX
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

take a look at this 2 tone full quad elite we did for one of my VA customers, C5-6

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com