Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CASTERS !! manual chair - Like/Dislike recommendations. what are you running?

The heavier the caster, the the slower you'll be able to go before they start fluttering. The larger the caster, the heavier it is. So generally, larger casters flutter at slower speeds than smaller casters . . . but other variables are involved, too. You really won't know until you use them. I like 5x1.4 FL, but they can flutter at high speeds (e.g., coasting down a hill), which is dangerous because they suddenly flutter drastically, and abruptly slow the chair.

No Title

I'm totally sold on the 4"x1.4" Frog Legs casters/Unitine combo. I've had them on my ZR1, ZR2 and Halls chairs for years and have never encountered flutter at any speed, at any time.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I can see how the Unitine looks cool, and is probably a little less weight, but apart from that do they have any other advantages?

I have the 5" FL 'hardroll' casters. Not much to say, it's a wheel. But thought I'd give a thumbs up to the bearings they come with, they are sealed well. The bearings seem to last a lot longer going though winter snow slop without rusting out than what I'm used to before getting the FL wheels (frequent VXB sourced bearing replacements on my old wheels).

Blog Entries

No Title

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will
    I can see how the Unitine looks cool, and is probably a little less weight, but apart from that do they have any other advantages?
    It is very easy to change bearings and clean hair off the axle. Because the fork is one-sided, you can nose the front of the chair into tight spots without bumping the fork.

The weight of the single-sided forks and traditional double-sided forks is a wash. Another advantage of a single-sided fork is that it's less like to scrape and damage furniture, door frames, etc.. etc.

The weight of the single-sided forks and traditional double-sided forks is a wash. Another advantage of a single-sided fork is that it's less like to scrape and damage furniture, door frames, etc.. etc.

Those are the best softroll casters i have tried, a combo with this and single fork will be perfect, can`t be easier to clean.Name:  Katana 011.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  96.9 KB

Froglegs Softrolls for me as well, I had pneumatic castors for a while but was fed up of pumping them up!

Simon

I've been using a pair of Atom Wheels Whip Burn inline skate wheels on my chair for a few years and I like them.