Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Drive Upgrade to MX1

Smart Drive Upgrade to MX1

Any smart drive users: Are you planning to upgrade? If you have already upgraded to MX1, how do you like it?

I'm upgrading. It's got an additional new outdoor mode which bypasses the accelerometer such that in order to stop, you have to push one of the two, left or right wired remote buttons. And the battery green light has been moved to the new button locations, so on/off should be easier to see too.

Max Mobility just posted a new youtube video describing the upgrade. See below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SE6z_5HaGg

The green light seems to be much brighter, and it is now in a visible location.

Did they provide a splitter for the switches as the battery has only one input? Did you set up the switches on your chair? I'm looking forward to the upgrade. This should be a nice improvement. Good sign that they are listening to their customers.

They changed the whole interface system. The remote connection to the battery is now located where the push button was, and there are no lights on the front of the battery. As far as I know the unit will not run without the switches being hooked up as there is no start button without them.

How much is the upgrade for existing owners?

Not sure of upgrade cost, but if you are a recent purchaser, you may be upgraded for no charge. Need to check with Max-Mobility.
    In the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall. ......Bob Dylan

Jomp,

The upgrade price is $395 which includes shipping both ways. The $395 price applies regardless of how long ago you purchased a Smart Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Jomp,

The upgrade price is $395 which includes shipping both ways. The $395 price applies regardless of how long ago you purchased a Smart Drive.
    Not as bad as I had feared, thanks!