Thread: Internet Explorer 11

Internet Explorer 11

I wanted to post this here rather than under "Computers" just in case it was impacting the transition back to v4.

If you happen to be running a computer with Windows 8.1 installed, by default you get Internet Explorer 11, and, according to Microsoft you cannot remove 11 and install an earlier version.

IE 11 supposedly is more compliant with HTML standards than previous versions. What this means is, some of the "work arounds" that used to required to deal with IE, don't work any more. For example, IE 11 requires an updated version of the ckeditor.js addon to allow "cut and paste" to work in forums such as this one. I'm having a hell of a time on other forums...

I don't know if this relates to Steven's testing or not...

[SIZE=14px]Why not use another browser? Chrome, Firefox or Opera?[/SIZE]

so you don't recemend upgrading to 11

I'm locked into Windows products because I work from home and that's the corporate standard. I do have Chrome on this machine (in addition to IE 11), but its a pain to keep switching back and forth.

As to recommending IE 11...if you have a choice...no. In typical Microsoft fashion they're taking the position that its everyone else that has the problem. From what I understand, IE 10 works okay, but if you upgrade from Win 8.0 to 8.1, IE 11 comes along by default.

The only thing IE is good for is downloading other browsers. I am a web designer and I refuse to program for IE anymore. Microsoft is being pushed out of the market slowly but surely IMO.