Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cathater selection

Where is the link for neurogenic bladder guidelines?

Go to the Care Forum. The top 10 or so threads are "Stickies." Scroll down about 7 or 8 threads, Click on "SCI Clinical Practice Guidelines." There are two publications you can down load for free. Bladder Management for Adults with Spinal Cord Injury and Bladder Management Following SCI: What you should know. This link should get you to the page: http://sci.rutgers.edu/vb5/forum/sci...ice-guidelines

All the best,
    GJ

Im very interested in this. I am 25 year post C6-7 and I use a condom catheter. Problem is my bladder doesn't empty all the way When I wake in the morning I have to do depressions to empty out my bladder all the way lest I have leakage transferring and putting on my condom catheter. My prostate is out and my bladder neck has been widened. I think this is why I spit out urine whenever my stomach contracts. I'm having ultrasound results given to me tomorrow. I'm wondering if supra pubic is the way to go. Very lost.

Quote Originally Posted by badjefft
    Im very interested in this. I am 25 year post C6-7 and I use a condom catheter. Problem is my bladder doesn't empty all the way When I wake in the morning I have to do depressions to empty out my bladder all the way lest I have leakage transferring and putting on my condom catheter. My prostate is out and my bladder neck has been widened. I think this is why I spit out urine whenever my stomach contracts. I'm having ultrasound results given to me tomorrow. I'm wondering if supra pubic is the way to go. Very lost.
    Hello. How was your bladder neck widened?

You probably need to have urodynamic studies done in addition to renal ultra sound. After looking at these test results, your urologist can give you his best advice regarding your success with suprapubic. Have you been advised to try an intermittent catheterization program?

Why was you bladder neck widened? or are you talking about a sphincterotomy?

All the best,
    GJ