Thread: Question about bowel program

Question about bowel program

I'm c-4 c-7 quad & I've used Magic Bullets for 20 years. Clear any bm out of the lower cavity. Then insert MB & wait & wait for it to do something.
    Recently to speed things up my aide keeps stimulating & bringing more bowel down & manually extracting the bm. Skipping the MB all together most of the time.
    My question is this a bad thing to do? Because my muscles are not being used at all. It's all being manually extracted.
    Could they stop working all together if I'm not using them?
    TIA :)

Mona- If you are doing digital stim, it is probably ok to do. If you are just doing manual extraction, it is not. I know many people who have stopped using a suppository and just do dig stim and it works fine for them. You are stimulating peristalsis, which is the bowel by doing this. DOes this help? CKF

I guess I had that question too... my routine has changed, and seems like I go when I feel I have to go, no suppository, just stim n manually extracting til im done. Is that wrong? And how do I change?

If you have feeling, I would use that as my trigger if you can. Does it happen at a fairly consistent time? If so, go with it. And try not using a suppository. I would encourage you to try to use just the dig stim with manual removal for any hard stool right at the end of the rectum. It might take a week or two of trying to see what works best, but it never hurts to try to get back to what is considered "the norm". Anytime you can cut out a medication, in my opinion, as long as it doesn't hurt you, it is not a bad thing. CKF

Ive noticed once I bring down after stimming, it doesnt come out til I remove?

I would encourage you to only manually remove the hard stool. The rest should follow with more dig stim.
    CKF