Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADI AL Backrest weight vs Roho backrest weight

ADI AL Backrest weight vs Roho backrest weight

Hi guys,

I have been searching online backrest's weight difference between ADI AL 4 inches deep backrest vs Roho Mid agility backrest but has been unsuccessful.

can you guys help me?

Thank You

Canucks, when you compare these 2 backs with equivalent configurations the total weight is going to be very similar. I don't have the ADI back to weigh, but I would be shocked if they were not within 1/2 lbs of each other. You will only see a differential in weight if you jump to the ADI CF range or the ROHO JetStream Pro range. If you let me know the configuration of back you need (width, height, hardware), I can let you know the weight of the ROHO AGILITY back. I'm sure Todd from ADI could do the same for the ADI Aluminum series back. Both the ADI aluminum series back and the ROHO AGILITY back are very good products. I think your ultimate decision will come down to factors other than weight as you choose one or the other.

Good luck!

Tom

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO Inc.
    tomb@roho.com

I know you didn't ask, but when I recently obtained a Jay3 back, I weighed the components on a digital kitchen scale:

FWIW, my J3PALTT16SH shell with mount angles = 35oz, pair of standard QR cane mounts (SH) = 16oz, & foam pad w/cover = 13oz. Thus the total weight of a 10" tall, 16" wide Jay3 with standard hardware = 4lbs.

Previously I had a CF Jetstream Pro, which was much lighter, but didn't serve my other needs. I really need a Quick-Release Aluminum back for various reason, so I'm okay with the weight. I really like the Jay3.

Thanks guys, for sharing your thoughts.

I matched up the ROHO AGILITY back configuration to the one that chasmengr references (J3, 16" wide, 10" tall), and weighed it. The AGILITY configuration is the Mid Contour system, 16" wide, 10" tall with the included air insert. The overall weight of this AGILITY configuration is 2.98 lbs, which is inclusive of the shell, foam with air pad, cover and quick release attachment hardware. What it does not include are the cane clamps that attach to the back post of the chair. These clamps weigh .25 lbs each.

You can search "ROHO Agility Back" on YouTube if you want to find some additional details about the design or functionality of the AGILITY back.

Feel free to contact me directly if anyone wants more specific information on AGILITY.

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO Inc.
    tomb@roho.com

Thanks again, for sharing knowledge with me.

Very interested in how the agility compares comfort wise to the ADI as im thinking of a change. I have the active adi but need the deep contour so its a toss up. Anyone using the agility?

Quote Originally Posted by rolling01au View Post
    Very interested in how the agility compares comfort wise to the ADI as im thinking of a change. I have the active adi but need the deep contour so its a toss up. Anyone using the agility?
    Hi rolling,

I had a different view. I personally feel that active ADI had little bit deeper couture than Roho's agility. But I do agreed that they are both very comfortable. I suggest you should talk to Tom Borcherding regarding Roho products. He seem very nice and very informative.

Best of luck

Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks View Post
    Hi rolling,

I had a different view. I personally feel that active ADI had little bit deeper couture than Roho's agility. But I do agreed that they are both very comfortable. I suggest you should talk to Tom Borcherding regarding Roho products. He seem very nice and very informative.

Best of luck

Canucks
    Hi rolling,

I forgot to mention. If you go with Roho you might want a easy clamp hardware instead of standard hardware. The agility standard hardware locking mechanism is very difficult to lock and disengage.