Thread: Tire size and emotion wheels

Tire size and emotion wheels

I finally received my Tilite Aero 2GX wheelchair along with the Emotion wheels. My problem is that the tires on the emotions are Flat free inserts/tires 24" x 1 3/8". My Tilite came with Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution HS348 24"x1" tires. My problem is when I adjust my brakes for the 24x1" tires they are way to tight and hard to use on the emotion tires. I found out that emotion offers 24x1" pneumatic tires or schwalbe offers Marathon Plus tires that are 24x1 3/8". Would welcome recommendations on what would be best way to solve this issue. Also I don't understand the difference between the Marathon Plus Evolution vs Marathon Plus tires. The description sounds the same. Thank you for your help.

Why did they put flat frees on the emotions? You will probably need to decide to put pneumatics or airless on both wheels to make the brakes work. What are the metric sizes of the rims? It should be stamped on them somewhere. The people here can help you figure out a tire that will work on both.

Why did they put flat frees on the emotions? You will probably need to decide to put pneumatics or airless on both wheels to make the brakes work. What are the metric sizes of the rims? It should be stamped on them somewhere. The people here can help you figure out a tire that will work on both.

I am not sure my rep was very new to emotion wheels. So you think I would be better off with pneumatics on the emotions? My wheels are both 24"