Thread: My Roho

My Roho

As mentioned in another thread, I have been sitting on a high-profile Quadtro Roho for many many years. It wasn't until fairly recently when I was pressure mapped. It turned out that the mapping was sharing high-pressure areas around the sit bones, both of them on each buttock. We've tried adjusting the cushion but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm in bed at the moment with a sore. It's all looking good and hopefully it won't be too long before it's gone. Now this sore never developed from a red mark. Having said that, I have a very very small sinus which I strongly believe has been there for a while, maybe this is what caused this sore, I really don't know. Is there anything that can be done about my cushion? Can Roho themselves come up with a solution to deal with these high pressures. Roho in the UK did tell me that the mapping that showed high pressures didn't necessarily mean you would get a sore. I'm just wondering whether I was unlucky and if when everything is healed, I can just be careful and keep an eye on things. I have got a tilt in space wheelchair which I do use, so at least I can carry out pressure relief. I probably got at least a month before this will be healed, maybe more, I don't really know. So want to trying to get this sorted before.

Ironside, I have reached out to the ROHO clinical team in Europe as well as to our ROHO UK partner to see if we can offer you additional guidance or assistance. We have an idea that could offer a direction we can explore with you, which we will discuss with you outside of this forum. Please give me a few days to organize our resources in Europe and the UK so that they are prepared to work with you, and we'll go from there. I'm sorry to hear you are bed-bound, and hope we can offer some help to get you back up and around.

Thank you,

Tom

Tom Borcherding
    ROHO, Inc.
    tomb@roho.com

Thank you Tom.

All the best,
    GJ

Thank you very much Tom, you are the best :-) Obviously I am extremely anxious to find a solution to my problem. I don't want to go through life living on a knife edge never knowing when this is going to happen again. Like I said, this is the second time I've had a sinus. The first one was 100 times worse than what I've got now, this one is extremely small and probably won't take too long before its healed.Anyway, I'm not going anywhere for the moment so I'll be patient and wait for any further developments. If you need contact details then you only have to ask, although I think Roho UK may already have my number

Roho, I have used a Roho for 38 years. I'm currently working on getting back in my chair after a stage 4 left ischial, stage 3 right. Does anyone make a cushion that helps by providing attention to the compromised area after a wound has healed? Roho or Vector, anybody?