Thread: What is with Adobe Reader

What is with Adobe Reader

Everybody seems to putting web contents in the pdf file format these days and now my A-R will not read them. I get the message that "the file may not be displayed properly." In fact, it is not displayed at all. I did some searching for solutions. I found several relating to Adobe problems and none were helpful. I have the latest Adobe upgrade and even reinstalled it. I thought I would check with CC before I hunt down an earlier version and see if it will work. Anyone have this problem and find a solution?

What is an "A-R"?

Regardless there are usually two ways to view a PDF on the web, the first is to click on the link and display the PDF inside the browser via a plugin, the second is to right-click on the link (or left click is you are a lefty like me and have your mouse buttons switched) and save the PDF to disk, then read it outside the browser directly in Adobe Reader. I usually do the latter, the PDF browser plugins aren't always the best, if you actually are doing the latter and it doesn't work then I have nothing, maybe load the PDF into google docs and it will render it as a regular web page.

Thanks. I will try your suggestions. Incidentally, A-R is Adobe Reader as compacted by a guy who hates to type. lol

Download worked, Tom. It is a wonder that the NSA can pull anything useful out of this tangled web. Thanks for your help.

Glad it all worked out. So this means the PDF plugin for your browser of choice is old, which is a bit of a security risk. It might be a good idea to update it.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    Adobe Reader had a decades old 100% CPU bug they eventually fixed long after I stopped using it.

The full name for the obfuscation format is PeDoFile.

Only ever send me plaintext otherwise will send something back that is also not plaintext.