Thread: Hydralazine

Hydralazine

NW-Will wrote something in the pain forum which I asked about. I'm disappointed to see that the thread did not get picked up in the New Activity section so I'm trying again. NW-Will has given references to this drug having an off label effect of helping with Central Pain. He started a trial two weeks ago and I'd like to know how it is going. I hope this thread goes to the New Activity section. Anyone with any information is welcomed to reply. Thanks, Linda

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Hi Dragonfly, Initially all I can say is that it helped me sleep easier, without waking up with a hangover(hope that makes sense). Unfortunately, I came down with a flu type cold and stopped taking everything, I spent too long in bed and wanted my body to fight the flu. As soon as I start feeling 90% again I'll start taking it again. I'm taking a really low dosage at this point 10mg *4 a day. Taking the pill 4 times a day is a bit of pain. It seemed to improve things a little, but my vote is still out.
    I do notice my blood pressure does dip very slightly after taking the pill, but it's back to normal in 15 minutes or less. ( I am testing my blood pressure like crazy to notice it.)
    I'm waiting to see my doctor to hopefully increase the dosage and see if it has a positive effect etc...

Hey Will, Sorry to hear that you got the flu. Ugh. Please keep me appraised of how the Hydralazine affects you when you go back on it. The pain is crazy making so I would be really happy to find something that worked. Thanks very much for your testing. Take good care.