Thread: King size or two twin hospital beds

King size or two twin hospital beds

I am seriously looking into buy a hospital bed i currently just have a regular king size bed for the wife and I. But i would like to get a bed similar in size but with separate operation for both sides. So if i want to put my side of the bed up or down i can without bothering my wife. Would also be nice if they had heat and massage but it doesn't have to have that. Anyone know any beds similar in size and function that manufactures make? Suggestions of companies to deal with especially here in Canada?

Thanks,

Mooner

You can get a regular hospital bed and put it right next to a twin adjustable bed for your wife. She would not probably need a high/low function. Just leave the side rails down on your inside. I like to have my clients tie the frames together so they don't fall through the crack, but if you need help from a caregiver, you can leave them so your bed can be rolled away to allow a caregiver to more easily provide you care. If you don't need a high/low function, but just want head/feet adjustment, then a dual (California) kind adjustable bed can work very well for this type of thing.

(KLD)

My wife and I have a king. She would want to shoot me to change our bed. It is a high end mattress with a thick pad. Very comfortable and we have an electric blanket with seperate temp controls on each side. I don't know your condition but maybe look into a better mattress unless you do want the operational up and down control.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    You can get a regular hospital bed and put it right next to a twin adjustable bed for your wife. She would not probably need a high/low function. Just leave the side rails down on your inside. I like to have my clients tie the frames together so they don't fall through the crack, but if you need help from a caregiver, you can leave them so your bed can be rolled away to allow a caregiver to more easily provide you care. If you don't need a high/low function, but just want head/feet adjustment, then a dual (California) kind adjustable bed can work very well for this type of thing.

(KLD)
    I am t4/t1 and nope I dont have or use a caregiver. I would not need or use a high/low function but really want to be able to put the top of my bed at a incline a bit when i sleep. So I will look for a California King i have never seen one offered for sale before in any store i have been in or maybe they have i just never looked. Best and most reliable ones to buy? Store?

We have a high end padded king mattress now for our bed but I want the incline.

Thanks,

Mooner

Can't speak to what is available in Canada, but my parents had an Electropedic, which worked well for them:

http://www.electropedicbeds.com/Electropedic.html

They used separate bottom sheets but shared a king sized top sheet, blanket and comforter.

They did need one with an open basis so that a mobile lift could be used if something happened to their ceiling track lift. That can limit the options. You can find a lot of these by Googling "adjustable dual king bed".

(KLD)

look at sleepnumber. amazing. we bought the p5 with adj legit and platt flex base. we both love it. i'm sleeping so much better.

[SIZE=14px]As fuentejps said, SleepNumber does have a split king bed with heating and massage built in. Golden also makes a split king bed. Both of these manufactures offer these beds with dual wireless remote controls None of these, however, are low priced.

Good luck.
    [/SIZE]

Excellent thank so much guys appreciate the info. I am hoping my insurance company will cover it, will see.

Mooner