Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glide out front suspension forks

anyone know where i can get bearing for them looked on intenet no luck

Quote Originally Posted by vjls View Post
    anyone know where i can get bearing for them looked on intenet no luck
    Vjls, I would expect any bearing house would stock or be able to source unless the bearings are something special other than the expected sealed ball race?
    When I had my set apart to make new Lurethane dampers, the bearings appeared to be standard ball race. I never stripped them further than what was required so cannot say more than my observation.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 06-03-2017 at 04:25 AM.

I have them on my new TR . They are pretty close to Frog legs but seem a little stiffer.

Looks like they ripped off Frog Leg's design. I had frog legs on my TiLite and didn't like them.
    T12 Complete since 1982. TiLite Tx

Bearings have an ID code in very tiny print on their seals. You may need a magnifier to read it. Ubiquitous caster bearings are coded 608-RS (same as roller-skate and skateboard bearings). Fork and rear-wheel bearings are frequently R6-2RS. Look for a code like that. After you know the code, bearings are very easy to find. VXB is one of many bearing sources.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

dumb question how would you know that and still have chair operational also how do you know you need them mine turn easily the left 1 creaks and groans occasionaly the wheels spins rather freely

Quote Originally Posted by rolling01au View Post
    I see tilite are starting to offer these forks,has anyone tried them?
    I have the double sided ones on my chair now. I like how they function, but they are really stiff compared to Frog Legs. My new chair (Tilite ZRA) came with them, there are three different cushions, Black is the stiffest, for heavier people, Dark Gray is in the middle, and Light Gray is the softest. I started with the Dark Gray and they were so stiff that I didn't think they were working. I had them on for about 18 months or so, the cushions have broken in a bit, but still too stiff for my liking. So I ordered the softest cushions (Light Gray), put them on myself, which was a lot easier to do than Frog Legs, have had them on for a year or so and they are still pretty stiff. I weigh about 210lbs and should be using the stiffer cushions, even the softest ones are too stiff.

I had Frog Legs on my last chair, I don't remember which cushions I had in there, but they were great, soaked up a lot of bumps, a lot better than the Glides do. I like the aesthetics of the Glides, but my next chair will have Frog Legs on them.

Interesting the different opinions we have on the two suspension forks; I had Frog Legs on my previous two chairs and the Out Front single sided on my current chair, my previous chair and current are basically the same, a couple very small changes and all three are TR's. I can't say I noticed any difference in them from one chair to the other.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by gilhooley View Post
    I have the double sided ones on my chair now. I like how they function, but they are really stiff compared to Frog Legs. My new chair (Tilite ZRA) came with them, there are three different cushions, Black is the stiffest, for heavier people, Dark Gray is in the middle, and Light Gray is the softest. I started with the Dark Gray and they were so stiff that I didn't think they were working. I had them on for about 18 months or so, the cushions have broken in a bit, but still too stiff for my liking. So I ordered the softest cushions (Light Gray), put them on myself, which was a lot easier to do than Frog Legs, have had them on for a year or so and they are still pretty stiff. I weigh about 210lbs and should be using the stiffer cushions, even the softest ones are too stiff.

I had Frog Legs on my last chair, I don't remember which cushions I had in there, but they were great, soaked up a lot of bumps, a lot better than the Glides do. I like the aesthetics of the Glides, but my next chair will have Frog Legs on them.
    That is interesting.
    i have a few extra kgs on you and my Glides came with the medium rated lurethane elastomer when my weight warranted the heavier black units. I found the mediums too soft so I had some specials machined up from lurethane elastomer material that was available (red 90A). These custom pieces exceed the heaviest that TilIte offer. I find these more acceptable as I much prefer the feel of standard forks. The standard 'suspension' Glides give too much pitch for my liking. They make me feel apprehensive.

As I am in the process of getting my first chair, from this a gather you can put frog legs on a Tilite chair. They are not necessarily proprietary for the glides?

Do suspension forks with a mono-frame soak up enough vibrations etc. or do you prefer a dual-frame? How much does that really make a difference for people?

What makes the biggest difference. My frame will be an Aluminum frame versus Titanium. As I understand from what I read, Titanium soaks up more vibrations than Aluminum. Is this true?

C